Supplemental tax bill 2010 Home Woodbury

ps99472

For those who bought in the 2010 collection, anyone received their tax bill yet?  How long did it take to get to you once you moved in?  thanks

We are the first group of people moved in but still have not received it yet.  Here is an add on question, we just got the home owner's exemption form but it's asking for social security number.  Do that sound right?  I had to do one before for our previous home, but can't remember what we did.  Thanks

People that closed on or before June 30th will get their supplemental property tax bill along with the 2010-2011 property tax bill (it will be payable in 2 parts).  The people that close after June 30th will most likely get their supplemental with their 2011-2012 property tax bill.

You can review and pay your taxes online at the O.C. Tax Collector's site here: "Pay/Review Property Taxes"

There is also an area that will give an estimate as to what your supplemental taxes alone will be: "Estimate Taxes"

(For snail mail, The FAQ's on OC Tax Collector's site says supplemental tax bills are mailed out 3-6 months after purchase of a home.)

fe9000 said:
We are the first group of people moved in but still have not received it yet.  Here is an add on question, we just got the home owner's exemption form but it's asking for social security number.  Do that sound right?  I had to do one before for our previous home, but can't remember what we did.  Thanks
what's this home owner's exemption form?  I haven't received this or my tax bill yet (but I guess USCT says that's coming later).

scubasteve said:
fe9000 said:
what's this home owner's exemption form?  I haven't received this or my tax bill yet (but I guess USCT says that's coming later).
That is an owner occupied form from the County where you certify that the property is your primary residence and reduces your tax value basis by $7,000 (homeowner's property tax exemption) which says you $70 on your property tax bill.

scubasteve said:

Homeowner's Exemption

"Q: How do I get a Homeowner's Exemption?
A: New property owners will usually receive an exemption application within 90 days of recording a deed. If you acquired the property more than 90 days ago and have not received an application, please call 714-834-3821 for an application."

fe9000 said:
Here is an add on question, we just got the home owner's exemption form but it's asking for social security number.  Do that sound right? 

Frequently Asked Questions

"Q: Why do I need to supply Social Security Numbers?
A: Social Security Numbers are used to verify the eligibility of persons claiming the exemption and prevent multiple claims. Claim forms and Social Security Numbers are kept strictly confidential."

Seems like they are trying to replicate the UTC area of San Diego......make Jamboree Rd be like La Jolla Village Drive.  It seems to work down there, but they do have more retail support with that big Westfield mall right there.

Back