The Original Fish Company, Los Alamitos

momopi

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-original-fish-company-los-alamitos

The Original Fish Company
11061 Los Alamitos Blvd
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
(562) 594-4553
www.originalfishcompany.com

I've dined in Los Alamitos area since 1989. Many of my friends attended Los Al HS and lived in Rossmoor. If any of you think Re prices in Irvine is ridiculous, you should try attending some open houses in Rossmoor on the weekends. $1 million entry level homes!

This restaurant, the Original Fish Company, was the place where my friend's parents took us to for special occasions. Be aware that nearly 100% of the diners are older white demographic. ^^;; *cough* Leisure World *cough*...!

For years, whenever I had relatives visiting from Taiwan, I'd take them here for dinner and they'd all love the white clam chowder. This restaurant serves both red and white chowder, and the white chowder is on the sweet side. Last weekend, I took my friend's parents here for lunch and found that they do special brunch menus, in addition to lunch menu on the weekend. I was tempted to order the brunch breakfast items when I spotted sole. To my surprise, it was actually the cheapest fish entree at $14!

If you enjoy the delicate, soft and tender sole, I highly recommend it. The waitress also told me that they'd be serving Sad Dabs later this month. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Note that sole isn't listed under the lunch menu items on top. You have to ask for it, or order the Sole meuniere under the specialty section.

Back