Where is a good place to find high end furniture at bargain prices?

[quote author="Knife Catcher" date=1248145808]i need to fill the empty space.</blockquote>

If you don't mind wading through the crap, you can find good furniture on Craig's List. People are in foreclosure or are otherwise downsizing and getting rid of nice furniture.

You might want to check out these consignment stores:

Home Consignment Center

18910 Teller Ave.

Irvine, CA 92612

(949) 250-0326

www.thehomeconsignmentcenter.com

and

Ruf Inc.

17791 Sky Park Circle, Suite J

Irvine, CA 92614

(949) 250-4196

www.rufinc.com

I wouldn't be too price sensitive at this point, high end furniture prices have likely hit the bottom and are likely to appreciate from here. Also, most high end furniture is very individual, so I would rather focus on finding the right furniture FOR YOU, something you can fall in love with, and then buying before Asians snap it from under your nose paying cash.

Whenever I read "the price of X has likely hit bottom" my bullshit detector goes off.

Do you have any data to back this up?

Does everyone elses BS detector go off too?

Seems to me that with a large number of high $ ARM's reseting / high dollar homes being repo'ed, there will be a large volume of high end furniture hitting the consignment shops within the year.

[quote author="earthbm" date=1248390815]I wouldn't be too price sensitive at this point, high end furniture prices have likely hit the bottom and are likely to appreciate from here. Also, most high end furniture is very individual, so I would rather focus on finding the right furniture FOR YOU, something you can fall in love with, and then buying before Asians snap it from under your nose paying cash.</blockquote>
The FCBs need to furnish their houses too!

But I hear the Santa Ana auction is pretty good... FCBs won't go there even if it's cash only... the only Asian that goes to Santa Ana is BK.

You can find lots of good furniture consignment stores listed at: <a href="http://www.showroomfinder.com">ShowroomFinder.com</a>

Back