Best Area to Invest in Irvine (apprecation value)

irvinebabe

Hello again...

Which area do you think is the best place to buy in Irvine? I've heard from agents that Woodbury is actually not a good area since there are too much open land for newer houses in the area, the chance of appreciation is low. (Plus being so close to the landfill) Same thing goes for Northwood...so if that's the case, i guess Stonegate/PS/OH are all out of the question as a good investment?

Would you think buying an older house with low/no mello roos is a better idea an owning the new houses?

irvinebabe said:
Hello again...

Which area do you think is the best place to buy in Irvine? I've heard from agents that Woodbury is actually not a good area since there are too much open land for newer houses in the area, the chance of appreciation is low. (Plus being so close to the landfill) Same thing goes for Northwood...so if that's the case, i guess Stonegate/PS/OH are all out of the question as a good investment?

Would you think buying an older house with low/no mello roos is a better idea an owning the new houses?
My best guess that Portola Springs and Columbus Grove and will the older remodeled homes in Northwood (due to the rising status of Northwood HS) will see the highest percentage appreciation in the future.  I'm very confident that once Portola Springs is built out and TIC gives it the marketing push that it has given Woodbury, Portola Springs will command a premium in pricing compared to Woodbury.

Are you looking to purely invest or buy for living (with possibility of best appreciation or least reduction in price in coming years).
Right now i personally would not buy just for investment. Might as well wait and see if the housing does indeed decline
further. But if you need to buy for sure for living then USC's suggestion may be correct although i bought in WBE.

irvinebabe said:
Hello again...

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinebabe said:
Hello again...

My best guess that Portola Springs and Columbus Grove and will the older remodeled homes in Northwood (due to the rising status of Northwood HS) will see the highest percentage appreciation in the future.  I'm very confident that once Portola Springs is built out and TIC gives it the marketing push that it has given Woodbury, Portola Springs will command a premium in pricing compared to Woodbury.
I heard from several current residents of Northwood (the older part) that their neighborhood will eventually feed into Irvine HS.  I am guessing that this will be true after OH, SG and PS (all feed into Northwood HS) are done.  This is the rectangular area bounded by Irvine Blvd, Trabuco, and Jeffrey.

kayochan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinebabe said:
Hello again...

I heard from several current residents of Northwood (the older part) that their neighborhood will eventually feed into Irvine HS.  I am guessing that this will be true after OH, SG and PS (all feed into Northwood HS) are done.  This is the rectangular area bounded by Irvine Blvd, Trabuco, and Jeffrey.

That may not be out of the question.  IUSD has rezoned high school before.

i am buying for living.

but Portola Springs is so far from everything...and Columbus Grove has that toxic waste issue...?

is Irvine High significantly better than Northwood High? I have no idea which school is better than which in Irvine..

I wouldn't buy in Irvine to invest.  It's tough to break even as it is let alone make a profit on value.  Besides, I don't see value going up and up.

fe9000 said:
I wouldn't buy in Irvine to invest.  It's tough to break even as it is let alone make a profit on value.  Besides, I don't see value going up and up.

Actually, I disagree - I think Irvine is a great investment.  We know that prices can go much higher - just look at the 2005 pricing.  StoneTree Manor Detached Condos were going for High 800's and Low 900K's.  So people know for a fact that in a good economy, Irvine prices can in fact go up and up, and right now may be a very good time to buy.

well..regardless of a good or bad economy, irvine's real estate value is the most stable compared to the rest of the country, right? so it's safer to buy here than other areas?

I would place my bet on one of the North Korean towers* (if you can pick up a good deal on a foreclosure) for the highest appreciation.

*Sorry, I don't know the official name for the high rises on Jamboree but after reading the IHB, that title just stuck.

irvinebabe said:
well..regardless of a good or bad economy, irvine's real estate value is the most stable compared to the rest of the country, right? so it's safer to buy here than other areas?

Depends on how you look at it.  For the sake of argument, let's say the Irvine's real estate is most stable.
That means the price may not go down by much.  At the same time, it means that the price may not go up by much.

If you want a SFH with high appreciation potential, you need to go to the areas like Corona where price is down at least 50%.  If the real estate economy recovers or go back to the crazy days of 2005, the Corona house price will at least double.  Irvine house will gain 15%.

Patrick Star said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
Depends on how you look at it.  For the sake of argument, let's say the Irvine's real estate is most stable.
That means the price may not go down by much.  At the same time, it means that the price may not go up by much.

If you want a SFH with high appreciation potential, you need to go to the areas like Corona where price is down at least 50%.  If the real estate economy recovers or go back to the crazy days of 2005, the Corona house price will at least double.  Irvine house will gain 15%.

I think I2I and I just said the same thing...There is hope for world peace after all!!

Of course.  Many of our posts share similar opinions and views.  And I do think many of your posts are very funny.  I am just not a fan of making them personal, but I digress..

ajw522 said:
fe9000 said:

Actually, I disagree - I think Irvine is a great investment.  We know that prices can go much higher - just look at the 2005 pricing.  StoneTree Manor Detached Condos were going for High 800's and Low 900K's.  So people know for a fact that in a good economy, Irvine prices can in fact go up and up, and right now may be a very good time to buy.

You don't actually think 2005 prices were real did you?  Yes, people did pay for those prices but we are all paying for them right now.  Unless they are responsible enough to stay in the home and still paying their mortgage"s".  In 2005 terms, Montecito would have been million dollar homes.  I sure don't see that happening except maybe for that one huge lot plan 3 in Montecito II, even so that would still make me sick.

I2I and Pat Star said it.  It's stable because people still want to buy into Irvine and there are still healthy number transactions going on here to support price level.

Actually it was the otherway around. Economy looked good because of the free money from housing ATM.
and not that housing was flourishing because of good economy.

ajw522 said:
fe9000 said:

Blueberry East loves the Worldcup said:
Irvine School District and no mello roos? That's pretty good when you like high rise buildings.

Don't forget the $1000 monthly HOA fees and the SMOG plume from the 405

Irvine2Irvine said:
locolocal said:

Irvine School District and no mello roos? That's pretty good when you like high rise buildings.

The school district is Santa Ana and there's $1000 /month association fee.

Well, then I'm glad I didn't buy it. Redfin says Irvine Unified.

But isn't a 24-hour concierge worth the $1000/month association fee?

That depends on the concierge  :D

Irvine2Irvine said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
locolocal said:

The school district is Santa Ana and there's $1000 /month association fee.

Well, then I'm glad I didn't buy it. Redfin says Irvine Unified.

But isn't a 24-hour concierge worth the $1000/month association fee?

That depends on the concierge  :D

I need to look at pictures of her before I can decide.  :-*

Back