Laguna Crossing noise concern

irvinebabe

Hello..this is my first post ever :)

i checked on the map, since LC is located right behind the Verizon Amp. Theater..what do you guys think about the noise level? I've been near the VAT when there's a concert going on and it sure was loud...would that be a big concern for potential buyers?

irvinebabe said:
Hello..this is my first post ever :)

i checked on the map, since LC is located right behind the Verizon Amp. Theater..what do you guys think about the noise level? I've been near the VAT when there's a concert going on and it sure was loud...would that be a big concern for potential buyers?
Welcome to the forum and hope you post on a regular basis.  There will be more noise coming from the 405 Freeway and Highway 133 as Verizon Amp. Theater will be closed down (I believe Mr. Bren owns a controlling interest in the land).

thanks guys for the quick response!

hm..but if the house is located further away from the freeways, the noise levels should still be ok? that's the case in Quail Hill...

irvinebabe said:
thanks guys for the quick response!

hm..but if the house is located further away from the freeways, the noise levels should still be ok? that's the case in Quail Hill...
Yes, if the house is in the back part of Laguna Crossing you shouldn't get much noise at all due to the distance and the other houses buffering the noise.  Also, the wind typically blows from Laguna Crossing to the 405 so you shouldn't get much white noise (you'll probably get some on those Santa Ana windy days). 

I live close to the 5 freeway and it doesn't take that much of a distance to reduce the noise.  LC appears more distant to the 405 than QH which should make the noise even less.  LC seems quite appealing as it's quite secluded.  Hopefully they won't be building inline with those ugly powerlines by the 133

Having lived in the east side SFR area of QH for almost a year (closer to the 133) I can tell you that the noise is negligible. You can go outside and hear it on the streets but it's more like a buzz. Inside the home you can't hear anything nor in backyards facing away from freeway.

Since QH is elevated, it's not as loud as you would think. Since LC looks like it's even more setback than QH, it is probably less. I would not worry too much about noise from the freeway or the 133 as compared to homes located next to major streets.

Back