Stonegate East

test said:

Bag 0f Chips...let the sheeple come...TIC play book all over again:

1) Sign up for pre-registration/qualification--"Uh oh I signed up early and the builder told me I am 1000th on the list! I better buy now or be priced out forever!"

2) Grand opening...blah...blah...blah...get your free ice cream, Counter gift cards, and balloons for kids...

3) Phase I pricing 300K ...Phase II 310K...Phase X 400K -- "Oh crap, I knew I should have bought early and now I will never be able to buy in Irvine"

4) OC Register article by Erika Chavez: "Oh yes TIC has hit another homerun! FCBs overrun ice cream  booth during their grand opening. TIC homes are selling like hot cakes. This is the time to buy!"

5) Phase XX -- Builder to sheeple "Yes sir, this is your lucky day, even though you were 2000th on wait list we have a special home reserved just for you at a special Irvine price." Sheeple to builder, "Gee, wow! Thanks! I feel so lucky you picked me for this limited edition home. Please take my money now."

/snark

iacrenter said:
2) Grand opening...blah...blah...blah...get your free ice cream, Counter gift cards, and balloons for kids...

I don't know about you guys, but I would go just for the free stuff.

fe9000 said:
iacrenter said:

I don't know about you guys, but I would go just for the free stuff.

Mmmm Chick-Fil-A...so tasty.    I have thought about going just for free stuff and to look at models but my boyfriend doesn't get the point of looking at model homes just to LOOK ("are we going to buy this, ever?" "No." "why bother?" "fun?" ";_;").  Plus I find the new home sales people creepy and I've been to enough model homes to get that feeling about all of htem. Actually they creep me out like the people that work at apartment offices for large rental companies.  Something about them is so ...... creepy.    Its possible that I just hate sales people.    I'd prefer to go on a NON big opening day and just sneak past the sales people into the models. 

I think IACRenter is right on though.  Other than the erica chavez part. Isn't she still on FMLA?  The OCR real estate bloggers (other than the mortgage insider who was actually quite good) used to
REALLY piss me off but I seem to have bled my rage off over time.  Tired of being angry at the internet maybe.  I remember one time when one of them was like "hey what's a land lease?" and I was so super furious that these were supposed to be JOURNALISTS reporting on a relatively NARROW field  and they hadn't done any kind of due diligence at all.     

Er, i guess my point with that story is that the OCR real estate blogs are just words on a screen.  IF they weren't getting paid by the OCR their blogs would have failed within weeks because they are terrible.

iacrenter said:
test said:

Bag 0f Chips...let the sheeple come...TIC play book all over again:

1) Sign up for pre-registration/qualification--"Uh oh I signed up early and the builder told me I am 1000th on the list! I better buy now or be priced out forever!"

3) Phase I pricing 300K ...Phase II 310K...Phase X 400K -- "Oh crap, I knew I should have bought early and now I will never be able to buy in Irvine"

4) OC Register article by Erika Chavez: "Oh yes TIC has hit another homerun! FCBs overrun ice cream  booth during their grand opening. TIC homes are selling like hot cakes. This is the time to buy!"

5) Phase XX -- Builder to sheeple "Yes sir, this is your lucky day, even though you were 2000th on wait list we have a special home reserved just for you at a special Irvine price." Sheeple to builder, "Gee, wow! Thanks! I feel so lucky you picked me for this limited edition home. Please take my money now."

/snark
LOL...this is pure gold!

Are they planning any larger homes in Stonegate that are not attached?  That is all I see on the website thus far?

OCMommy said:
Are they planning any larger homes in Stonegate that are not attached?  That is all I see on the website thus far?

I don't know the details, but I am guessing it will be similar setup to Woodbury and Woodbury East where the bigger SFR type of homes will be in Stonegate instead of Stonegate East.

fe9000 said:
OCMommy said:

I don't know the details, but I am guessing it will be similar setup to Woodbury and Woodbury East where the bigger SFR type of homes will be in Stonegate instead of Stonegate East.

You are probably correct. But I doubt TIC is going to put any Sonoma or Portisol type homes there. Going with their profit maximization scheme, we will probably see more motor court or alley garage detached products.

I don't have a clue what apartments/condos/houses I was visiting, but those free hamburgers and hot dogs were pretty damn good.  I think I will have print one of the coupons on the Irvine Company's website and stop by Jerry's Dogs in the marketplace.

Blueberry East said:
Lots of people, 80-90% Asians. Wonder how many came just for the freebies.

I noticed a lot more older white people looking to buy housing for their 20-something kids than I did at the other openings.  I think the Asians must have looked at the wall of stairs when you open the door and turned around and left.

Back