Favorite Irvine Village

Regardless of price/home, which Irvine Village would you prefer to live in?

• Columbus Grove

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • El Camino

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Northpark

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Northpark Square

• Northwood

• Northwood II

• Northwood Pointe

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Oak Creek

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Orangetree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portola Springs

• Quail Hill

• Rancho San Joaquin

• Turtle Ridge

• Turtle Rock

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • University Park

• Walnut

• West Irvine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westpark I

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Westpark II

• Woodbridge

• Woodbury

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Woodbury East

• Other (optionally specify)

• I would never live in Irvine (OCR option)

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

I tried to do this on the previous TalkIrvine forum software but messed it up. Let's see if I can do it right here.

I included the major villages from IrvineRealtor's floorplan page (http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com), if I missed your favorite, please pick Other and specify in a post if you wish.

You can pick up to 3.

I agree... UP has such strange architecture. All those flat roofs can't be good... luckily it doesn't rain much in SoCal... heh.

I am not super familiar with what villages are what but I'm pretty sure its the university park area that I like -- the neighborhood you drive through if you take michelson from wholesome choice to the korean place on university?    This gives you good access to both wholesome choice and mool naengmyun.  And its still pretty close to the land of asia (Diamond Jamboree) and you aren't waaay down south where you'll have to drive through all the traffic to work in santa ana.  And its south of the 405, where the weather is a little cooler.

I double voted though so that one  vote for "I will never live in Irvine" is me.  I'm pretty sure I'll never live in Irvine.  If I'm ever going to pay a ridiculous markup to live in a city, i'm going to choose to live in The City (somewhere more urban).  Otherwise I'm a bang-for-my-buck shopper.

That is University Park.

Korean BBQ House is one of our favorites (as is the Vietnamese Photasia (formerly Pho Bac Ky)).

Even though you may never live in Irvine... we appreciate your participation on TI.

BTW: I've allowed the option to change your vote... all you have to do is click on the 'Remove Vote' button and vote again.

If I had to vote for my least favorite it would be Shady Canyon, Turtle Rock, Turtle Ridge, or Quail Hill since they are so inaccessible to the outside world.  Quail Hill might not be so bad, but the others are horrible unless you are an anti-social hermit.  They're especially bad if you are are elderly or if you have your parents living with you since bus access seems limited and you cannot walk anywhere for social interaction.

I took advantage of the "regardless of price" clause and picked TR, but practically, my vote should fall in the "OC R" category...

locolocal said:
If I had to vote for my least favorite it would be Shady Canyon, Turtle Rock, Turtle Ridge, or Quail Hill since they are so inaccessible to the outside world.  Quail Hill might not be so bad, but the others are horrible unless you are an anti-social hermit.  They're especially bad if you are are elderly or if you have your parents living with you since bus access seems limited and you cannot walk anywhere for social interaction.

you can bike or walk to UCI pretty easily from TR/shady, and even quail.

you can also bicycle the other way, to the spectrum, pretty easily.

freedomcm said:
locolocal said:

How about bike or walk back UP the hill to TR/Shady?  Not as easy as down the hill.

freedomcm said:
locolocal said:

What if you're old or not in the best physical condition?  That's quite a hike for just wanting a cup of coffee or going to the grocery store to pick up some oatmeal or milk.

locolocal said:
freedomcm said:
locolocal said:

What if you're old or not in the best physical condition?  That's quite a hike for just wanting a cup of coffee or going to the grocery store to pick up some oatmeal or milk.

Electric assisted (battery turning a small motor) bicycles.  I think CA has a few makers.  They are quite big in the area I live in (quite hilly).  They would even be better in Irvine as most of it is flat.

Back