I need help with the Cycling Blog...

peteruk

I'm writing a Cycling Blog for TI, you can find it by clicking the little House on my side-Bar...

I want to make it as informative and Humorous as possible, and interesting too...

So please let me know if you have any ideas on subjects you would like to read about...

Also, any Photographers out there who would like to see their cycling related and Bike Trail Pics displayed just PM them to me along with any credit info you'd like me to Post...

Enjoy the Blog!!

Hmm.

Informative: It would be great to read about the best places to ride in Irvine for various levels - from family rides to expert.

Humorous(?): I've always wondered how the cyclists use the restroom on century rides :-[

Let me know if you need any information/commentary/pictures for any specific local mountain bike trails. I can take pics of a particular location pretty easily upon request, as well.

[quote author="Mojo"]Let me know if you need any information/commentary/pictures for any specific local mountain bike trails. I can take pics of a particular location pretty easily upon request, as well.[/quote]

That would be awesome mojo...

Just PM any content you like to me along with Pics and let me know how you want me to credit you...

[quote author="SoCal78"]Hmm.

Informative: It would be great to read about the best places to ride in Irvine for various levels - from family rides to expert.

Humorous(?): I've always wondered how the cyclists use the restroom on century rides :-[[/quote]

OK, gotcha!!

cover a few family friendly trails?
I have a question Peter. I got this Mongoose Butterfly bike for my 3 yr old, and every time she makes a tight turn, it just tips over. At first I thought it was the way she handled the bike, but now I am thinking that there is something wrong with the bike.. is there anyway of knowing that?

road routes (suggested rides). different distances. off road. road teams, groups. meetups?

casual strolls with family vs more hardcore peeps.

I look forward to readin it. Its about time I got the bike back out.

Peter, can you explain to us some of the differences among bikes available on the market? What features are recommended or which are not.

Also, out here in the flat-lands of Irvine, I see tons of riders every day. There are just a couple in particular who use this kind of thing and I don't know what it is good for or why they ride it. Looks fun, though:

51tfcftalDL._AA260_.jpg

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia"]cover a few family friendly trails?
I have a question Peter. I got this Mongoose Butterfly bike for my 3 yr old, and every time she makes a tight turn, it just tips over. At first I thought it was the way she handled the bike, but now I am thinking that there is something wrong with the bike.. is there anyway of knowing that? [/quote]

Cubic, do you mean this Bike? http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-47769117039044_2080_9201429 If She's making too tight a turn She could easily tip over...it's just a case of Her learning the Bikes limits before She turns...

She is wearing a Helmet before She even gets on the Bike right? Even in in the House...

[quote author="ocphysique"]road routes (suggested rides). different distances. off road. road teams, groups. meetups?

casual strolls with family vs more hardcore peeps.

I look forward to readin it. Its about time I got the bike back out.[/quote]

Good suggestions OCP, thanks!! Mojo is our Resident Offroad expert, He has offered to write some Blogs...

There are a couple of Major Groups/Clubs in the Irvine area offering all kinds of Rides to all kinds of level of Riders...I will be including links to these Clubs and Rides...

Now is the time to dust your Bike off and oil the Chain....

[quote author="peteruk"]
[quote author="Cubic Zirconia"]cover a few family friendly trails?
I have a question Peter. I got this Mongoose Butterfly bike for my 3 yr old, and every time she makes a tight turn, it just tips over. At first I thought it was the way she handled the bike, but now I am thinking that there is something wrong with the bike.. is there anyway of knowing that? [/quote]

Cubic, do you mean this Bike? http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-47769117039044_2080_9201429 If She's making too tight a turn She could easily tip over...it's just a case of Her learning the Bikes limits before She turns...

She is wearing a Helmet before She even gets on the Bike right? Even in in the House...[/quote]

That's the one! Yes, she wears her helmet- I don't let her touch the bike or the skates without the helmet. So, I will just let her learn to get a grip on her bike then- thanks Peter:)

Sorry Peter, been super busy with the holidays. I'm sure you all know how it is. I look forward to taking my camera out and to start profiling some of the better ride routes in the area as soon as I have time. Perhaps tomorrow.... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

If anyone has any questions about mountain biking, (what level/price/type of bike to get per the type of rider you are; where to buy your bike; bike maintenance (if its been sitting too long); where to go ride for your level; etc.) then please feel free to post here, or send me a PM.

[quote author="Mojo"]Sorry Peter, been super busy with the holidays. I'm sure you all know how it is. I look forward to taking my camera out and to start profiling some of the better ride routes in the area as soon as I have time. Perhaps tomorrow.... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

If anyone has any questions about mountain biking, (what level/price/type of bike to get per the type of rider you are; where to buy your bike; bike maintenance (if its been sitting too long); where to go ride for your level; etc.) then please feel free to post here, or send me a PM.[/quote]

That's OK Dude!! The other night I posted to the TI Blog mistake, and thought no problem, I'll just copy and paste into the cycling one...problem was, no matter what I did I couldn't Paste into the Blog I wanted to...
I even went to "help" and discovered everyone else is having the same problem.....

Maybe Mr Socal our Tech Guru has a solution?

I even tried pasting via Note Pad, word etc...

I had to type the Cycling update all over again... <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( -->

Sounds like a Blogger issue then (not you, the site <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->). It's possible to export an entire blog, and import into another, but that gets complicated if you just want to import one post.

I removed your ability to post to the unused blog for now so you shouldn't run into this problem again...

-Mr Socal

Mr Socal, I found out how to do it...click on the html tab above the window, then it shows a "Paste" option when you right-click <!-- s;-) -->;-)<!-- s;-) -->

Back