BK on Irvine vs. N. Tustin

irvinehomeowner

So there is a post over on OCReader comparing a N. Tustin home vs. a Sonoma Plan 2 home and BK, trying to do his best Irvinite impression posts this:
1. I got to have the new home smell.
2. I need a sidewalk and curbside parking next to my home so the burglar can wheel my heavy furniture out. I don't want him to trip and sue me when there isn't a sidewalk and a convenient place to park.
3 I want my "oh my god volume space at my foyer" to impress my friends and relatives. All palaces must have a staircase.
4. Too far from the 405. 405 is where all homes must be measured from. N. Tustin is too far.
5. Yard is too big and cost me $$$ to maintain it and I prefer the pocket parks. I like paying the HOA to keep the neighborhood well trimmed and looking clean.
6. Sorry, the detached garage won't work for me because I need direct access to the garage to fry my turkey.
7. I need a HOA to enforce rule. My Asian comrades have very bad taste in homes. Just look at the McMansions we bought and the potential disaster if we have the freedom to remodel them.
8. Your kids from Foothill will end up in some second rate colleges while kids from Irvine will automatically advance to Harvard, Yale, Princeton and UC Irvine.
9. Irvine is LV and N. Tustin is a Coach bag. If you carry an LV bag then photographers and shoppers from tour buses will respect you by not cutting in line or hold up the drive aisle. Sorry dude, Tustin is for people who can't afford the Irvine prestige.
10. I need a 2 story house because it is taller and size does matter since Asians are not blessed with big you know what. Single story is just too short.
11. The house is too old and maintenance and handyman skills are not in my blood. This is why I married a white woman so she can help with the repair and go reset the fuse box.
12. This old crap does not come with a glossy brochure.
13. A house is not a house when it has no Great Room and California Room.
14. I don't have the driving skill to back out the long driveway.
15. Master Closets in new homes are bigger than all the closets combined in this old house.
16. Irvine is the safest city in the nation excluding suicides compared to other cities with population 100,000 and over. Tustin does not have this title.
17. Tustin has the shameful (714) while Irvine has (949)
18. Irvine has 4 targets and Tustin has none
19. Who the hell needs a yards when my kids are shackled to the study desk.
20. Stucco exterior is RICH and board and batten are barn material to house farm animals.
21. New homes have the energy efficient low E double glazed windows and state of the art R-19 insulation to optimize conservation of energy.
22. I know it costs more to own less in Irvine but I rarely drive outside my 16 square miles just to save gas and eat at chain restaurants to save $$$ to pay for the difference you calculated.
23. N.Tustin still has the Santa Ana Mexican postal code. They are OK when building my house, mowing my lawn and washing my dishes but they have to get out of Irvine by night. It is very good when IPD stops them and harasses them. Their kids drive down API scores like the group over at Beckman.
Quite hilarious.

But #18 needs a correction, Irvine has 3 Targets, Crossroads, Marketplace and Spectrum... The District is Tustin. And Tustin has 2 Costcos (District and Marketplace) while Irvine only has 1.

And one other thing... N. Tustin is really unincorporated Santa Ana.

Actually it sounds really pathetic.  Kind of like sour loser or something like that.  I don't know what or who ticked off B K, but he is one grumpy person.  Like the really negative person in your office nobody wants to say good morning to, because he will reply "Yeah, it's morning, but it's not good"

Irvine2Irvine said:
Actually it sounds really pathetic.  Kind of like sour loser or something like that.  I don't know what or who ticked off B K, but he is one grumpy person.  Like the really negative person in your office nobody wants to say good morning to, because he will sreplay "Yeah, it's a morning, but it's not good"

I agree with you there.  You should read a lot of his older posts.  :)

And I believe it was a certain person who ticked him off.....

You have to understand BK... he doesn't "hate" Irvine... it's just not his type of life... although it probably was at some point in time.

He pokes fun at asians all the time... but he doesn't hate them either... he is one.

Dichotomy is his shtick... if TIC were to offer him an opportunity to design a home in the 2010 Collection... do you think he would turn it down?

irvinehomeowner said:
.. if TIC were to offer him an opportunity to design a home in the 2010 Collection... do you think he would turn it down?

yes I do.

The current parameters set by TIC do not allow good home design, and I don't think he would associate his designs with the inferior "features" that TIC space allotment demands.

Plus, it seems as if his firm is doing just fine designing slightly nicer properties these days.

freedomcm said:
irvinehomeowner said:
.. if TIC were to offer him an opportunity to design a home in the 2010 Collection... do you think he would turn it down?

yes I do.

The current parameters set by TIC do not allow good home design, and I don't think he would associate his designs with the inferior "features" that TIC space allotment demands.
Then that's not the BK I know.

He relishes a challenge and I would think that he would try to produce the best product possible to show everyone else how much more he knows about Irvine demographics and what the FCBs are looking for.

If I'm not mistaken, there are several Irvine products BK has had a hand in previously, and at the time, those were considered challenging parameters.

irvinehomeowner said:
freedomcm said:
irvinehomeowner said:

yes I do.

He relishes a challenge and I would think that he would try to produce the best product possible to show everyone else how much more he knows about Irvine demographics and what the FCBs are looking for.

If I'm not mistaken, there are several Irvine products BK has had a hand in previously, and at the time, those were considered challenging parameters.

That's correct.  I agree with you here.  Sienna is one of them.  It's great!!!

irvinehomeowner said:
freedomcm said:
irvinehomeowner said:

yes I do.

Could he do better than the current deigns?  I"m sure of it.

Would he, given the constraints of 3000sf lot size, sacrifice so much design just to shoe-horn in a few extra thousand sellable sf of house?

Seems the answer is no.

graphrix said:
If you are going to post about articles or comments from OC Reader, please use a link to the article you are posting about. I do the same when I post an article from Calculated Risk or The Big Picture blog, because they expect people to show respect for the source of the article. And the same respect should be used for articles and comments from OC Reader.
I was going to... but I figure people could use the SEARCH button once over there (see what I did there?)... which is why I was very specific about the details of the thread so they can find it easier.

And this thread was less about the content of the original blog post and more about the comment of a certain person.

But... let's make a deal... I'll start doing it once I see posters over there doing it for TI stuff. I see all kinds of posts regarding comments made here but I don't see any links... I wonder why.

Something is weird here or I am crazy.  I don't see IHO's latest post.  It's after graphrix's but not here.

irvinehomeowner said:
graphrix said:
If you are going to post about articles or comments from OC Reader, please use a link to the article you are posting about. I do the same when I post an article from Calculated Risk or The Big Picture blog, because they expect people to show respect for the source of the article. And the same respect should be used for articles and comments from OC Reader.
I was going to... but I figure people could use the SEARCH button once over there (see what I did there?)... which is why I was very specific about the details of the thread so they can find it easier.

And this thread was less about the content of the original blog post and more about the comment of a certain person.

But... let's make a deal... I'll start doing it once I see posters over there doing it for TI stuff. I see all kinds of posts regarding comments made here but I don't see any links... I wonder why.
Here it is again... maybe this thread is haunted!

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:
graphrix said:

Can't we all get along  8)

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:
graphrix said:

How about this... you stop being such a gawddamn DQ and post on OCR? I don't have the time to post on TI, and while I respect TI and wish I had more time, the reality is... I don't. And for the record, anyone posting comments on OCR that can be linked backed to TI, either need to post the links, or make it known that what they are discussing is TI related. There are so many great threads here, and maybe even I would participate more.... if people would link TI in their OCR posts. Bring the cross related posts, it will be like the old days of IHB, oc_fliptrack, SoCal housing bubble, etc., I welcome it. I want the two to compliment each other. So far, this is not the same reception I have found at TI. Time to pony up (pun intended), and it goes both ways. I'd love to link back to TI (but I have never seen anything that merits a link back, and why people like you need to step up and say so, because I don't check out TI more than once a month (not enough time, don't be offended), but linking to OCR is out of the question, at least that is the response I have received.

And quit being such a DQ bitch. Be an adult. OCR has its positives, and so does TI. The two should be a team. You being a DQ only hinders that relationship. Wake the fuck up. TI and OCR should be a team. You acting like a DQ only makes it worse. This isn't the Korean DMZ, this is the intarwebs. We could have a load of fun, but YOU, yes YOU, are being a DQ, and only makes it worse... there is no I (FB pages) in team. You really put the I in IHO with what you are doing. Good job. It brings more people to OCR. Stop it, OCR is willing to work with TI and creating a mutual promotion, the way you are going about it... you look like a DQ with an agenda. You succeed, and that not only hinders TI, but boosts OCR. So thanks. I could go on, but as you can tell... I don't need to.

graphrix said:
How about this... you stop being such a gawddamn DQ and post on OCR? I don't have the time to post on TI, and while I respect TI and wish I had more time, the reality is... I don't. And for the record, anyone posting comments on OCR that can be linked backed to TI, either need to post the links, or make it known that what they are discussing is TI related. There are so many great threads here, and maybe even I would participate more.... if people would link TI in their OCR posts. Bring the cross related posts, it will be like the old days of IHB, oc_fliptrack, SoCal housing bubble, etc., I welcome it. I want the two to compliment each other. So far, this is not the same reception I have found at TI. Time to pony up (pun intended), and it goes both ways. I'd love to link back to TI (but I have never seen anything that merits a link back, and why people like you need to step up and say so, because I don't check out TI more than once a month (not enough time, don't be offended), but linking to OCR is out of the question, at least that is the response I have received.

And quit being such a DQ bitch. Be an adult. OCR has its positives, and so does TI. The two should be a team. You being a DQ only hinders that relationship. Wake the fuck up. TI and OCR should be a team. You acting like a DQ only makes it worse. This isn't the Korean DMZ, this is the intarwebs. We could have a load of fun, but YOU, yes YOU, are being a DQ, and only makes it worse... there is no I (FB pages) in team. You really put the I in IHO with what you are doing. Good job. It brings more people to OCR. Stop it, OCR is willing to work with TI and creating a mutual promotion, the way you are going about it... you look like a DQ with an agenda. You succeed, and that not only hinders TI, but boosts OCR. So thanks. I could go on, but as you can tell... I don't need to.
The irony in this post is so hilarious. You just proved why you got nicknamed DQ in the first place... good job.

You are even contradicting yourself in your own paragraph (or you are having language problems again?):

There are so many great threads here, and maybe even I would participate more....

And then you say in the very next sentence:

I'd love to link back to TI (but I have never seen anything that merits a link back

And while I know you tend to use insults because you're not clever enough otherwise, don't start throwing stones from your glass forum. You want me to post? The person who could make that happen has all my contact info to do so. But maybe like you, I don't have enough time... so don't be offended.

And I'll lay this out here since you've chosen to try and fight me on MY thread... go check out the comments made about certain members on your beloved respectfully moderated forum... tell me how insulting them without link backs for proper context is quality community discussion. What makes me laugh more is once they get over there... your gang is "Oh.... hey... welcome... we were just kidding."

And don't cite policies that don't exist. There may have been issues with admins over there and admins over here but there is no explicit rule preventing links to OCR. Maybe you should do some research before you throw accusations around, check out these posts that have links (and even quotes) citing OCReader:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=818.msg8727#msg8727http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=738.msg9030#msg9030http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=819.msg8791#msg8791http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=795.msg8600#msg8600

You even posted a link yourself... did you get banned?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=706.msg7892#msg7892

Maybe you should have used the [Search] button (oh snap... PWNED!).

You are the one making this an OCR/TI thing... this thread was just about BK... and that's where I wanted to keep it because regulars here know about his contention with Irvine. But if you want to turn this into some stupid non-existent OCR vs TI war... that's on you... because that was not where this thread was headed. Maybe you should use the [Search] button to find out what a "drama queen" really is... or you can look in the mirror.

Back