Any preschool/family daycare has less than 6 months waitlist in Irvine or surrounding area?

littlekitty_IHB

We will move back to Irvine in half a year. I waitlisted my son when he was 1.5 years old on all irvine's montessori schools. Now he is 3 years old. I haven't heard from any of them. My son started going to preschool at 2.5. I don't really like the big chain preschools. The one we went to before, Kindercare, has way too many kids, 12 kids with 1 teacher. Now my son attends a family daycare. The teacher loves kids, they make crafts everyday. he is very happy. i don't care much about the academics. I just want to find a place that the teacher love their kids and can teach them good manners.

My husband works in mission viejo, so any preschool in irvine or mission viejo will work for us. can anyone give a recommendation? BTW, how do I search for family daycare?

I would call the schools in which he is on the wait list. Make sure you know exactly what is going on, don't just wait for them to call you. A friend of mine loves the Montesorri school her son attends in Irvine (not sure which one). Welcome :)

There is the Northwood Montessori that is supposed to be good but I believe there is a long waiting list. There is a Newport Montessori in Newport Beach that is opening an Irvine branch which should be very good. (The Newport branch is very good.)

If you are interested in a world-class secular daycare and preschool program, call St. Andrews Children's Center on Barranca. (It's run by the church but takes state money so must remain entirely secular. Five years of attendance for my non-Christian son and not a single problem). My son was there from age 4 months to age 5 and 1/2. I researched just about every single program in the city and this was tops for us. Good luck!

The city of irvine has lots of <a href="http://www.cityofirvine.org/depts/cs/childcare/default.asp">child care resources</a>.

Also, you can contact the Children's Home Society at 949-364-6605 or the Orange County Child Care Association at 714-893-0390 for referrals to home based child care.

[quote author="purpletulip" date=1239967794]Check with Good Sherperd Preschool. When we moved here 3 years ago, it was the only good one that had a spot for my son.</blockquote>

My thoughts exactly. I toured this preschool and liked it very much. <a href="http://goodshepherdpreschool.com/">Good Shepherd Preschool. </a> You do not have to be a member of the church to attend. They offer half-day and full-day. The prices are good. They have NO waiting list but they do offer pre-registration beginning the October before the year you want to attend and then starting the following March they offer open spaces available for registration (for the next September). I showed up two years early! LOL. I was quite impressed with the facility. The teachers wear smocks that are stocked with first-aid supplies. The grounds are safe and secure. Looked like a clean and happy place. I literally brought a checklist with me that I got from a parenting site and it passed all of my tests. Hope this helps. Good luck.

[quote author="littlekitty" date=1239949148]We will move back to Irvine in half a year. I waitlisted my son when he was 1.5 years old on all irvine's montessori schools. Now he is 3 years old. I haven't heard from any of them. My son started going to preschool at 2.5. I don't really like the big chain preschools. The one we went to before, Kindercare, has way too many kids, 12 kids with 1 teacher. Now my son attends a family daycare. The teacher loves kids, they make crafts everyday. he is very happy. i don't care much about the academics. I just want to find a place that the teacher love their kids and can teach them good manners.

My husband works in mission viejo, so any preschool in irvine or mission viejo will work for us. can anyone give a recommendation? BTW, how do I search for family daycare?</blockquote>

since you said Mission Viejo is ok too, check this one out:

http://www.missionmontessoriacademy.com

Just opened last month, so I assume they will have openings. I know the owner, and she has been an director of another montessori school for ten years in south county before she opened up her own.

Good luck...

Thanks everyone. I called the 4 montessori where he is waitlisted. None of them will have any openning in a year. I will look at others you guys suggested.

My son has been at Westpark Montessori for years. They love the kids, teach them good manners, and teach them academics.

Call them, explain you are on the waiting list and ask if there are any openings yet. Then keep calling them twice a week until they let you in.

wow, Good sheperd is expensive.??BTW, how much is everyone paying for 5 days full day program? I??????????????????????????.???????????????????????????????????

[quote author="littlekitty" date=1240015629]wow, Good sheperd is expensive.??BTW, how much is everyone paying for 5 days full day program? I??????????????????????????.???????????????????????????????????</blockquote>

All four campus of the Irvine Montessori are $1025, and will be $1100 starting sep. Lunch is included in the tuition fee. THey don't have part programs on some of the campus.

??????????????????????????????????????extra ?????? Before my son went into daycare, I thought it was worth every penny to give him a good learning environment. But after 10 months at two preschools, I changed my mind. Learning is not the most important thing in my mind. ?[quote author="irvine123" date=1240016633][quote author="littlekitty" date=1240015629]wow, Good sheperd is expensive.??BTW, how much is everyone paying for 5 days full day program? I??????????????????????????.???????????????????????????????????</blockquote>

All four campus of the Irvine Montessori are $1025, and will be $1100 starting sep. Lunch is included in the tuition fee. THey don't have part programs on some of the campus.</blockquote>

Anyone has experience with Turtle rock preschool? Is Good Sheperd the only one has lower student to teacher ratio? I don't like places that 12 students only having 1 teacher. My son has been on those kind of place before. I think I have to adjust to Irvine price.

You may actually be asking the wrong question. Maybe you could find someone who does an in home daycare like you are accustomed to, anyone know of anything like that in, or around Irvine?

Thanks everyone for all this good and valuable info. Keep the fedback coming as some of the day cares mentionned were not on my list previously.

I've got a tax question...are the day care tax deductible? What if they are not for profit?

Licensed childcare is tax deductible up to a point. It will come up on Turbo Tax, enter the cost and it will deduct the correct amount (all if it isn't too much).

Back