Upcoming Dinner A'Fare Trip

SoCal78_IHB

Well, we all had so much fun at our last trip to Dinner A'Fare that we have decided to schedule another event there for late April. This event will be open to any IHB'ers (not just the girls) but there will be only about a max of 20 spots available. Here is their <a href="http://www.dinnerafare.com/menu.cfm?locid=0&ofs=1">April menu</a>. I would sort of like to get an idea from everyone as to what you prefer - a weeknight or a Saturday morning. They don't do Mondays. We could do T/W/Th at 6 pm, Fri at 5 pm or Sat at 10 a.m.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1238131166]Well, we all had so much fun at our last trip to Dinner A'Fare that we have decided to schedule another event there for late April. This event will be open to any IHB'ers (not just the girls) but there will be only 12 spots available. Here is their <a href="http://www.dinnerafare.com/menu.cfm?locid=0&ofs=1">April menu</a>. I would sort of like to get an idea from everyone as to what you prefer - a weeknight or a Saturday morning. They don't do Mondays. We could do T/W/Th at 6 pm, Fri at 5 pm or Sat at 10 a.m.</blockquote>
Sounds like fun, count me in. I can't do Saturdays as that's when I have my CPA review courses. Any weeknight after 6pm works for me except for Friday.

I wish I could join but will be out of the country. :(

Someone please suggest to them to make 1 person meal sets!

[quote author="momopi" date=1238149688]I wish I could join but will be out of the country. :(

Someone please suggest to them to make 1 person meal sets!</blockquote>

Sorry to hear, momo.

They have two package sizes and the small has portions for 2-3 people. Perhaps that would be okay for one person -- you get dinner plus you don't have to worry about what's for lunch the next day.

Wow, the menu options look great. Schedule for a Wednesday and I will definitely work it out. I think my husband would be willing to take on the two kids for some guarantee of food, he's a sucker for food. Maybe I'll just start serving up some frozen dinners for the next few weeks to convince him ;-P .

Awesome.

So... so far we have this for availability:

trojan: Tues-Thurs

tmare: only Wed (uh-oh)

kayochan: anything but Wed (eek!)

NewToOC: any day, depending on the week

Me: any day

Ohnelly - are you in?!

Hubby is so sold on the idea that I might be able to work out something else, so go ahead and plan. I'll just see if it works, if not, maybe another time!

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1238565328]Awesome.

Ohnelly - are you in?!</blockquote>
Am I gonna be the only male? *not that I'm complaining*

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1238590424]Am I gonna be the only male? *not that I'm complaining*</blockquote>

NO! It's on! I will out chef you all day long! You might be able to beat my bracket, but I will out cook you... you are going down.

Wait... that sounded kinda... well... you know...

This sounds interesting! Any day of the week works for me, as long as I'm not traveling for business. My schedule varies.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1238599795][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1238590424]Am I gonna be the only male? *not that I'm complaining*</blockquote>

NO! It's on! I will out chef you all day long! You might be able to beat my bracket, but I will out cook you... you are going down.

Wait... that sounded kinda... well... you know...</blockquote>
haha I've been watching every episode of Top Chef so you don't have a chance.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1238565328]Awesome.

Ohnelly - are you in?!</blockquote>

Sorry SoCal - I think I'm going to sit this one out but might join you on the next round. I'm still using my dinners - it saved the day on Monday!

Ummmm, it really isn't that much like Iron Chef. You do get to wear aprons and hats if you like though gentlemen.

And If we get enough people we can serve wine right SoCal? Woo hoo! I live close enough to stumble home... oh, except I'll have 20 lbs of food to carry back with me. Dammit!

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1238635134]Ummmm, it really isn't that much like Iron Chef. You do get to wear aprons and hats if you like though gentlemen.

And If we get enough people we can serve wine right SoCal? Woo hoo! I live close enough to stumble home... oh, except I'll have 20 lbs of food to carry back with me. Dammit!</blockquote>

Yes, ma'am! That's right - we may bring drinks. I'm hoping we'll have a party of at least 10 that way we can have a private party. (Although, we didn't have that many last time and it was still private since nobody else booked an appointment for that time.) But we can definitely bring drinks either way. Are you guys thinking somebody should play bartender? Or just keep it simple like a bottle of wine?

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1238646633]Or just keep it simple like a bottle of wine?</blockquote>

I pretty much prefer a glass of red to any other drink so that gets my vote!

There is drinking involved? I've got a few drink recipes I've been dying to try out on people before our summer parties! Can I just stop by with drinks and a chat?

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1238972925]There is drinking involved? I've got a few drink recipes I've been dying to try out on people before our summer parties! Can I just stop by with drinks and a chat?</blockquote>
Want to use us as test subjects, eh (not that I'm complaining)?

Back