Pediatrician

avie

Hello all.

I am a to-be-newcomer to Irvine (in a week's time, actually)...glad to find these forums.
I need help finding a) pediatricians - my kids are 6 and 2.; b) taekwondo classes, c) piano instruction

I will be residing in the Turtle Rock area...please give me your recommendations.

Thanks a lot.

I've heard from another member that the Talium Tae-Kwon-Do (www.talium4me.com) is very good. We've gone to their location in Woodbridge and may give the Family Program a try.

As for our ped... we use Seaview Pediatrics (www.seaviewpeds.com) which are all South County locations (Aliso/LagHills/Mission) so they are pretty far from Irvine but we like our doctor.

Welcome to Irvine and to TI!  :D

We use Irvine Pediatrics (http://www.irvinepediatrics.com/). They have several doctors to choose from--but we see Dr Galang-Lomboy, very competent and friendly. They have walk in hours in the AM Monday through Saturday. They provide separate entrance/waiting areas for sick children and well children. We have been very happy with the care they provide.

iacrenter said:

We use Irvine Pediatrics (http://www.irvinepediatrics.com/). They have several doctors to choose from--but we see Dr Galang-Lomboy, very competent and friendly. They have walk in hours in the AM Monday through Saturday. They provide separate entrance/waiting areas for sick children and well children. We have been very happy with the care they provide.

I 2nd them

Stuff It said:
iacrenter said:

I 2nd them

We have been using them for 13 years and are generally happy.  However, their outsourced billing department is so horrible that we thought about switching just because of that.

Irvine2Irvine said:
Stuff It said:
iacrenter said:

I 2nd them

We have been using them for 13 years and are generally happy.  However, their outsourced billing department is so horrible that we thought about switching just because of that.

Our 1 year old has been under the care of Dr. Gan-Yong and so far so good.  Slight billing issue in the hospital (they billed for a visit even though we were in delivery).  Most nurses are good with shots, ask for formula samples if you need it.  Morning walk-ins are 8-9am?  Be prepared for the clueless dad taking their sick kids into the "well" entrance. 

Overheard conversation:

Receptionist:  What brings you in?
Dad:  Kid sick
R:  Fever?
D:  No, I think it's H1N1.
R:  You're copay is $20
D:  $20?  Do YOU think she's sick?
R:  That's up to the doctor
D:  Long pause while he deliberates spending $20 on own child or not....Do YOU (receptionist) think she's ok? (kid has facemask on)
R:  Sir, I can't make that diagnosis, it will be up to the doctor.
D:  Let me call her mom, we'll be back..(leaves office, with masked kid in tow)

We've also been taking our kids to Irvine Peds.  They do have some good doctors, but the receptionist and staff don't seem friendly.  They aren't friendly when my wife calls to schedule visits.  Also, you always have to wait, even when you arrive at your scheduled time.  It's gotten to feel more like a volume practice and not like a small practice where they get to know their patients.  We're thinking of changing.

ps99472 said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
Stuff It said:
iacrenter said:

I 2nd them

Our 1 year old has been under the care of Dr. Gan-Yong and so far so good.  Slight billing issue in the hospital (they billed for a visit even though we were in delivery).  Most nurses are good with shots, ask for formula samples if you need it.  Morning walk-ins are 8-9am?  Be prepared for the clueless dad taking their sick kids into the "well" entrance. 

Overheard conversation:

Receptionist:  What brings you in?
Dad:  Kid sick
R:  Fever?
D:  No, I think it's H1N1.
R:  You're copay is $20
D:  $20?  Do YOU think she's sick?
R:  That's up to the doctor
D:  Long pause while he deliberates spending $20 on own child or not....Do YOU (receptionist) think she's ok? (kid has facemask on)
R:  Sir, I can't make that diagnosis, it will be up to the doctor.
D:  Let me call her mom, we'll be back..(leaves office, with masked kid in tow)

Masked kid - Asian I assume?

We use Irvine Pediatrics.  We have tried many of the doctors there- right now Dr. Winkler.  She's pretty good- although, maybe it's just me, but she is so passive aggressive in the way she asks the kids questions.  It's annoying.

BUT- the MALE RECEPTIONIST is A JERK.  I can't stand that guy.  Honestly, most of the staff there seem to be very poor at being amicable.  Maybe dealing with kids all day frays their nerves, but they all seem to me that maybe they shouldn't be in pediatrics. 

Back