Stonegate East Community Info Is Up

kayochan

Stonegate East floorplan info is up on the villages of Irvine website.  Looks like they are all attached products.  No motor courts.

Patrick Star said:
kayochan said:
Stonegate East floorplan info is up on the villages of Irvine website.  Looks like they are all attached products.  No motor courts.

Capistrano was one of the floorplans reviewed at the Irvine Company new home focus group I attended back in February (the other was Santa Barbara). I'm pretty sure Capistrano is on a motorcourt with a small backyard space.

Per the SGE site map on Villages of Irvine, it looks like Capistrano units are off of a regular street and not on a motorcourt.  But I may be looking at the map wrong...

Aesthetically, I agree with the streetscape/alley-garage concept but the problem is it takes up more space than a motorcourt one.

In addition, if you are doing an attached product, you can't really provide a backyard due to the alley garage or a sideyard because of the attachment.

I remember reading somewhere that TIC is going to do less alley products but I have a feeling that has more to do with greed profit and land density than buyer preference.

irvinehomeowner said:
Aesthetically, I agree with the streetscape/alley-garage concept but the problem is it takes up more space than a motorcourt one.

In addition, if you are doing an attached product, you can't really provide a backyard due to the alley garage or a sideyard because of the attachment.

I remember reading somewhere that TIC is going to do less alley products but I have a feeling that has more to do with greed profit and land density than buyer preference.

If I was forced to pick alley loaded garages/streetscape vs motorcourt--I agree with IHO and prefer alley loaded. You actually get a better curb appeal within the neighborhood and hide away the ugly garages in the back. It also leaves room for some nice sidewalks and greenery. In terms of loss of space if attached--maybe they can design a private front courtyard similar to Stonetree homes (I know this is a detached product).

For example--PALOMA is very nice development by Brookfield Homes up in Portola Springs. They have nice attached duplexes with alley garages, nice floor plans, and curb appeal as well.

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Portola-Springs-Overview.aspx?type=neighborhood&Id=26

Maybe I'm being too critical of Stonegate East's floorplans, but it looks like the Irvine Company became lazy. All the floorplans are alike.

jumpcut said:
iacrenter said:
In terms of loss of space if attached--maybe they can design a private front courtyard similar to Stonetree homes (I know this is a detached product).
The new Santa Barbara in WB does this...it's a streetscape design with private side courtyards.
I don't think Santa Barbara is attached.

That's the problem with alley-garage... you either have to make a sideyard or a front courtyard... which takes up more space than a motorcourt solution.

You are correct... I was confusing Santa Barbara with Primrose.

What I was referring to are the attached products for the length of the housing unit. You can create niches and cutouts for sideyards like they do in Santa Barbara but that creates lot space inefficiency or they have to use more creative floorplans (like Plan 1 that has that huge hallway entrance). And only Plan 2 and 3 have the side courtyard which looks very tiny.

And the use of "private" for any outdoor space in Irvine is a misnomer... hehe.

irvinehomeowner said:
From bank roller to builder... it's like going back in time.
TIC could easily push out all of the other builders and be their own builder because they control the land.  Why give up an profits to some other builder when they can do it themselves?  Makes a lot of sense to me.

Well... since test is deleting posts from his thread... I guess it's okay to move posts from there to here:
[quote author=OCMommy]
Are they planning any larger homes in Stonegate that are not attached?  That is all I see on the website thus far?
[/quote]
Stonegate East is to Stonegate like Woodbury East is to Woodbury.

There will eventually be detached SFRs in Stonegate... we just don't know exactly when. But judging by the sales pace of the current new homes in Irvine, it could be sooner than later.

I missed out on the freebies... but I don't like opening day all that much either. It's harder for me to look at all the "awesome" architectural features with so many people running about.

Back