Santa Cruz - why the slow sales?

LAtoOC

My wife and I were originally looking at Santa Cruz in WBE. After seeing how fast the other developments have sold (Coronado, Montecito) we are kind of surprised at how slow the Santa Cruz units are moving.

I know everything in WB/WBE is overpriced, but is Santa Cruz exceptionally overpriced? Is there another reason why they are moving slowly?

Thanks

LAtoOC said:
My wife and I were originally looking at Santa Cruz in WBE. After seeing how fast the other developments have sold (Coronado, Montecito) we are kind of surprised at how slow the Santa Cruz units are moving.

I know everything in WB/WBE is overpriced, but is Santa Cruz exceptionally overpriced? Is there another reason why they are moving slowly?

Thanks

What did Henry Ford say about market saturation?

The price points of Santa Cruz are too high for the product they are trying to sell. For a little more, they can be in Montecito over in Woodbury which is where most families with younger children want to be. They need to price it closer to the other WBE products... which they will be able to do soon once those close out.

And it is relative, I'm not sure what phase Santa Cruz is in but the last time I was there... every lot had the little red 'Sold' button on it.

You said you were "originally" looking at Santa Cruz. What are you looking at now and why? That also might provide some answers for you.

The plan 2 of Santa Cruz is not selling due to price. This has slowed down all their release. Rest of the plans are relatively priced correct in my view.

Santa Cruz is the most expensive product at a terrible location (WBE) with cheaper neighbors all around.

It's the name.  It just sounds so much better to tell your friends that you're living in Montecito or Coronado than Santa Cruz.

Quick bump....

Does anyone know what phase they are in now and what the pricing is? I saw they had someone back out of a plan 3 for June 30th move-in and was curious if there are any updates (they did not reply to my email)

When i was at home during lunch time in woodbury east I saw a big open house air balloon near Santa Cruz and there was street
signs indicating direction for broker preview. Wondering if anyone knows what that is all about. Are they changing sales strategy
by allowing brokers to bring in their clients??!!

LAtoOC said:
Quick bump....

Does anyone know what phase they are in now and what the pricing is? I saw they had someone back out of a plan 3 for June 30th move-in and was curious if there are any updates (they did not reply to my email)

Back