Free Quiznos Sub

acpme_IHB

<a href="http://www.millionsubs.com/">http://www.millionsubs.com/</a>

Quiznos is giving out coupons for 1 million subs. Right now the count is at 90k so far. Sign up on a spam acct if you have one.

except I tried to use a coupon a few weeks ago at both the one at bison/macarthur and the one at campus/macarthur and neither were accepting coupons...

interesting... thanks for mentioning that. i know the one at bison/macarthur is a private franchisee. i know many ppl who work in the airport area that go there for lunch and they all call the owner the quiznos nazi. she watches every transaction like a hawk. one of my friends got scolded one time for taking too many sauces. not surprised she wouldnt accept your coupon.

Much like Starbucks, Quizno's and Subway both have to face the fact that what they sell for $5-10 can be made at home for $3 or less, depending on bread selection. On the bright side, you'll be able to pick up a Hobart slicer at a good price soon enough.

[quote author="Oscar" date=1235463459]Much like Starbucks, Quizno's and Subway both have to face the fact that what they sell for $5-10 can be made at home for $3 or less, depending on bread selection. On the bright side, you'll be able to pick up a Hobart slicer at a good price soon enough.</blockquote>

I agree, but it would probably still be easier and still relatively low cost..... Just not exactly healthy.

-bix

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1235464386][quote author="Oscar" date=1235463459]Much like Starbucks, Quizno's and Subway both have to face the fact that what they sell for $5-10 can be made at home for $3 or less, depending on bread selection. On the bright side, you'll be able to pick up a Hobart slicer at a good price soon enough.</blockquote>

I agree, but it would probably still be easier and still relatively low cost..... Just not exactly healthy.

-bix</blockquote>

My favorite trick for lunch on the road, is to buy something considered grocery, not lunch, and eat that. It's way cheaper.

Ex. go to grocery store, buy a bulk bin bun, buy a banana, buy a small bottle of chocolate milk - done.

I used it today. No hassle. However, their "small" is really small. I tried to use a second coupon but they wouldn't have it. I left hungry.

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235641000]I used it today. No hassle. However, their "small" is really small. I tried to use a second coupon but they wouldn't have it. I left hungry.</blockquote>
Which quiznos did you go to? The one by me over in Quail Hill isnt taking it....bastards!

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235646467][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235641000]I used it today. No hassle. However, their "small" is really small. I tried to use a second coupon but they wouldn't have it. I left hungry.</blockquote>
Which quiznos did you go to? The one by me over in Quail Hill isnt taking it....bastards!</blockquote>

Sunset blvd Los Angeles. Near Hollywood. No I didn't drive there for a 5 in sub, it's near my job.

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235705777][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235646467][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235641000]I used it today. No hassle. However, their "small" is really small. I tried to use a second coupon but they wouldn't have it. I left hungry.</blockquote>
Which quiznos did you go to? The one by me over in Quail Hill isnt taking it....bastards!</blockquote>

Sunset blvd Los Angeles. Near Hollywood. No I didn't drive there for a 5 in sub, <strong>it's near my job</strong>.</blockquote>
moonlighting as a male hooker? =op

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235713323][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235705777][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235646467][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235641000]I used it today. No hassle. However, their "small" is really small. I tried to use a second coupon but they wouldn't have it. I left hungry.</blockquote>

Sunset blvd Los Angeles. Near Hollywood. No I didn't drive there for a 5 in sub, <strong>it's near my job</strong>.</blockquote>
moonlighting as a male hooker? =op</blockquote>

Shhhh...you still want to have lunch with me right?

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235717108][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235713323][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235705777][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1235646467][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235641000]I used it today. No hassle. However, their "small" is really small. I tried to use a second coupon but they wouldn't have it. I left hungry.</blockquote>

moonlighting as a male hooker? =op</blockquote>

Shhhh...you still want to have lunch with me right?</blockquote>

Sounds like he wants to share his apartment with you.

Here you go:

<a href="http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2009/03/03/quiznos-marketing-exec-explains-sunken-sub-promotion/14857/">Sunken Sub Promotion</a>

Look at T - boy did I call that one or what!

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/4525/">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/4525/</a>

Jaded ex-franchise owner empathy FTW!

I'm going to post whore this because, well, it deserves it.

<blockquote>In December, Quiznos alerted franchise owners across the country to the promotion ? part of a larger effort to re-brand the restaurant ? and offered to eat some of the costs, Steinfort said. The corporation told owners via e-mail and weekly meetings that it would subsidize 85 cents of every small sandwich, which cost between 85 and 90 cents to toast into edibility.

At first, she said, the subsidy was only offered for the first 400 sandwiches at each restaurant. As demand grew, the company bumped it up to 700 sandwiches. Last Tuesday, Quiznos took the cap off entirely, though plenty of franchisees seemed to have missed the memo.

</blockquote>

Standard costs in the food business are 35% of your food/paper would be the basis of your sandwich. Quzinos owers are all over the media and the internet claiming that thier costs are regularly over 45%, but lets assume that the 35% deal really will get it done.

A $5 sandwich x .35 = $1.75 in hard costs. Corporate will give you $.85 back, half your money. BUT you still gotta pay rent and labor and insurance and utiltites. You are losing $4.15 per sandwich x 700 sandwichs and you get a cool $2,905 of lost profits. From what I understand, that's more than a months earn in an average OC store. Can you buy a sandwich at Quiznos for $5?

These corporate goons have never worked in a store or owned one. If they had they wouldn't try to fly this lead ballon.

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1236223293]What is the difference between the hard cost ($1.75) and the cost to toast into edibility (85-90 cents)? The paper?</blockquote>

The hard cost and the cost to edibility are the same. The difference in price is corporate expected the franchisee to "share the pain" and pay half. The franchisee wound up paying more than 80% but hey who's counting?

All the guys who aren't taking the coupons.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1236174276]Standard costs in the food business are 35% of your food/paper would be the basis of your sandwich. Quzinos owers are all over the media and the internet claiming that thier costs are regularly over 45%, but lets assume that the 35% deal really will get it done.

A $5 sandwich x .35 = $1.75 in hard costs. Corporate will give you $.85 back, half your money. BUT you still gotta pay rent and labor and insurance and utiltites. You are losing $4.15 per sandwich x 700 sandwichs and you get a cool $2,905 of lost profits. From what I understand, that's more than a months earn in an average OC store. Can you buy a sandwich at Quiznos for $5?

These corporate goons have never worked in a store or owned one. If they had they wouldn't try to fly this lead ballon.</blockquote>
Prior to their Price Drop Promotion they are currently running... many of their sandwiches would run $6 or higher... for a SMALL!

Does sandwich meat, veggies and bread really cost that much? I mean people are all over $5 subs at Subway but you can get a whole meal including drink for $3 at Wendy's or Del Taco.

I hardly ate at Q until they started matching $5 subs with Subway... and even at that price... they just don't seem worth the coin.

If costs are that high for Quiznos... it doesn't seem worth it to me to even franchise one.

Back from the dead thread hyjack - remember what I wrote about having stuff shoved down your throat?

<a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Food-fight-Burger-King-apf-1338962807.html?x=0&.v=5">http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Food-fight-Burger-King-apf-1338962807.html?x=0&.v=5</a>

<blockquote>Burger King franchisees sued the hamburger company this week over its $1 double cheeseburger promotion, saying they're losing money on the deal and the company can't set maximum menu prices.

The National Franchise Association, a group that represents more than 80 percent of Burger King's U.S. franchise owners, said the $1 promotion forces restaurant owners to sell the quarter-pound burger with at least a 10-cent loss.

While costs vary by location, the $1 double cheeseburger typically costs franchisees at least $1.10, said Dan Fitzpatrick, a Burger King franchisee from South Bend, Ind. who is a spokesman for the association. That includes about 55 cents for the cost of the meat, bun, cheese and toppings as well as 45 cents that typically covers expenses such as rent, royalties and worker wages.

"New math, or old math, the math just doesn't work," Fitzpatrick said.

<strong>After testing the $1 deal in markets across the country, the discounted burger went on sale nationwide last month even though franchise owners, who operate 90 percent of the company's 12,000 locations, twice rejected the product because of its expense. </strong></blockquote>

If first you don't succeed, try try again. If second you don't succeed, just jam it down thier f*#@*#* throat!

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1258100768]Back from the dead thread hyjack - remember what I wrote about having stuff shoved down your throat?

<a href="http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Food-fight-Burger-King-apf-1338962807.html?x=0&.v=5">http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Food-fight-Burger-King-apf-1338962807.html?x=0&.v=5</a>

<blockquote>Burger King franchisees sued the hamburger company this week over its $1 double cheeseburger promotion, saying they're losing money on the deal and the company can't set maximum menu prices.

The National Franchise Association, a group that represents more than 80 percent of Burger King's U.S. franchise owners, said the $1 promotion forces restaurant owners to sell the quarter-pound burger with at least a 10-cent loss.

While costs vary by location, the $1 double cheeseburger typically costs franchisees at least $1.10, said Dan Fitzpatrick, a Burger King franchisee from South Bend, Ind. who is a spokesman for the association. That includes about 55 cents for the cost of the meat, bun, cheese and toppings as well as 45 cents that typically covers expenses such as rent, royalties and worker wages.

"New math, or old math, the math just doesn't work," Fitzpatrick said.

<strong>After testing the $1 deal in markets across the country, the discounted burger went on sale nationwide last month even though franchise owners, who operate 90 percent of the company's 12,000 locations, twice rejected the product because of its expense. </strong></blockquote>

If first you don't succeed, try try again. If second you don't succeed, just jam it down thier f*#@*#* throat!</blockquote>

Talk about screwing your franchisees.

Back