What's a good time of day for a birthday party at a park in Irvine in September?

bitmaster20

I am planning a birthday party for my child in September in one of the community parks in Irvine. Was not sure what time of the day will work best. Since it's September the temperature is probably going to be in the mid to high 70's. I was thinking either 11 AM or 4 PM. Any suggestions?

depending on how old are the kids, birthday parties are make it and break it by nap schedules...  one year old parties - 10:30-12:00 works best, the kids get a good morning nap, and lunch at the party with plenty of stimulation and play; parents get a break before the afternoon nap...

you don't want a bunch of crabby crying kids with overwhelm parents...!

roundcorners said:
depending on how old are the kids, birthday parties are make it and break it by nap schedules...  one year old parties - 10:30-12:00 works best, the kids get a good morning nap, and lunch at the party with plenty of stimulation and play; parents get a break before the afternoon nap...

you don't want a bunch of crabby crying kids with overwhelm parents...!

+1 Totally agree with RC on this one. Really depends on the age. If you are talking about young kids (i.e. 1-4yo) then late morning may be the best.

This is 5th year celebration. 11 AM sounds like the best option. Has anyone had any experience with any of the indoor facilities offered by the city of Irvine? I visited a few parks this Saturday in the morning and it was quiet warmer then I was expecting. I am thinking that indoors might be more comfortable. I was looking into the multi-purpose rooms at the community parks or the senior center.

Any of the facilities are fine... it just depends on location to where you are at. Also, the cost seems to vary by facility.

The Turtle Ridge one (Los Lomas) was really good as there is an open field, a playground and basketball courts. The Woodbridge Senior Center isn't all that great for a kids party as that park has no playground. Deerfield is nice but the playground is quite a distance from the indoor facility.

Thanks for the reply everyone. Will definitely explore those options.

Talking about kids parties, anyone have any recommendations for an entertainer (magician, clown, juggler, animal acts, etc). Heritage Library puts on such shows for kids from time to time. I contacted a magician they had called, but unfortunately he's booked for the date we are looking for :(

I haven't worked with them but they were at the Women's Total Gym in Laguna Hills over the weekend where she was doing both face painting and balloon animals. They also do entertaining:
http://www.partiesbystacey.com

They aren't located in OC but she has an entertainer out here that does the OC parties.

I think we would do a face painter/balloon artist at our next birthday... it makes the kids look festive. For entertainment, not sure what the age group is of the guests although I would imagine also 5, so maybe a juggler or magician would work. Just not something too scary (even clowns scare kids).

irvinehomeowner said:
I haven't worked with them but they were at the Women's Total Gym in Laguna Hills over the weekend where she was doing both face painting and balloon animals. They also do entertaining:
http://www.partiesbystacey.com

They aren't located in OC but she has an entertainer out here that does the OC parties.

I think we would do a face painter/balloon artist at our next birthday... it makes the kids look festive. For entertainment, not sure what the age group is of the guests although I would imagine also 5, so maybe a juggler or magician would work. Just not something too scary (even clowns scare kids).

Thanks IHO. Did you get to see her show? How did you like it?

Balloon artist sounds good also. I was at Heritage Library once when they had a juggler perform. The kids were all into it, although the older ones got tired of the acts sooner.

There was no show for this particular event which is why I can only talk about the face painting/balloon animal part.

One other type of "entertainment" I've seen at parties was a bubble lady. She had tons of different large wands and large container pans with bubble solution out and the kids just went at it.

P.S. Go old school with a pi?ata, those are always fun.

Patrick Star said:
BUBBLE LADY!?  Heck, I do that bubble crap almost every weekend in the driveway, much to the amusement of the neighborhood 1st graders.  And I'm sure I am cheaper than the bubble lady. I'll come to your party and make giant bubbles for a few slices of pizza and a beer.
SOLD!

Although it would be more fun if you were the pi?ata (which maybe a few more *consumed* beers might deliver).

Back