portola springs

maverick

for those of you who live in portola springs, the designated elementary school is Stonegate.  in a few years, they will open south portola springs elementary school and shortly after that north portola springs elementary school.  does that mean that if your kid goes to Stonegate now, they are forced to relocate to portola springs elementary?  or are they grandfathered into stonegate and are allowed to finish out their 6 yrs of schooling at Stonegate?

irvinehomeowner said:
I think they give you a choice based on Patrick Star's post about it for West Irvine kids.

West Irvine is Tustin Unified. Who knows what IUSD will do.

Yeah... I doubt they'll build the elementary until they have enough residents to do so. There is still the whole east enclave that hasn't even been

Stonegate isn't even built out so it makes sense that they use that school to service both SG and PS.

What I don't understand is they are only building one new middle school so far, which is supposed to service WB, WBE, SG, SGE and PS... don't they need more than one?

irvinehomeowner said:
Yeah... I doubt they'll build the elementary until they have enough residents to do so. There is still the whole east enclave that hasn't even been

Stonegate isn't even built out so it makes sense that they use that school to service both SG and PS.

What I don't understand is they are only building one new middle school so far, which is supposed to service WB, WBE, SG, SGE and PS... don't they need more than one?

Eventually they will have to build another one with Great Park coming into the picture.

I think they will also need another high school when that happens.

Back