woodbury 2010

maverick

For those of you who purchased or thinking about purchasing the woodbury 2010 collection, were you told by the sales people that the kids would be attending Northwood high rather than Irvine High?
I heard from a second hand source that that was the case...

Woodbury belongs to Irvine High.

Unless the second hand source is talking about possible future changes to high school boundary line, that is not the case.

I don't see that happening with Orchard Hills, Stonegate and the rest of Portola still to be built.  But I did hear from the Woodbury Elementary principal that a new middle school is scheduled to be up by 2013 at Jeffrey and Trabuco.

yafooligan said:
I don't see that happening with Orchard Hills, Stonegate and the rest of Portola still to be built.  But I did hear from the Woodbury Elementary principal that a new middle school is scheduled to be up by 2013 at Jeffrey and Trabuco.

I believe the scrapped the plans for that middle school and decided to build Montecito and Carmel on the plot.

PPBABA said:
yafooligan said:

I believe the scrapped the plans for that middle school and decided to build Montecito and Carmel on the plot.

The current plan is to build a middle school in Woodbury II, which is between the Woodbury and 5 freeway.  The middle school would be at the southeast corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey.

If they build another 5,000 homes in Woodbury 2, plus what's going up in Stongate, what's the traffic going to be like there?

Irvine2Irvine said:
PPBABA said:
yafooligan said:

The current plan is to build a middle school in Woodbury II, which is between the Woodbury and 5 freeway.  The middle school would be at the southeast corner of Trabuco and Jeffrey.

So woodbury 2 would be located directly south of Woodbury where that plot of farmland is (strawberry field)??

PPBABA said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
PPBABA said:
yafooligan said:

So woodbury 2 would be located directly south of Woodbury where that plot of farmland is (strawberry field)??

It's called Planning Area 40. http://pa40.ci.irvine.ca.us/

I cannot find the middle school in the draft plan. There are two alternative plans however. In the alternative plan two, they would build about 4000 dwelling units and a school. However there are no details about the school...

oakcreekresident said:
I cannot find the middle school in the draft plan. There are two alternative plans however. In the alternative plan two, they would build about 4000 dwelling units and a school. However there are no details about the school...

Here is a document from the IUSD website for WB and WBE parents. It basically says the middle school will not open till the fall of 2012.http://www.iusd.org/enrollment/documents/EnrlinfodisclosureforresidentsofWoodbury.pdf

Here is another web page from IUSD detailing plans for the middle school:http://www.iusd.org/district_services/facilities_planning_and_construction/SCHOOL_PA40.html

This webpage from IUSD details future construction of schools:
http://www.iusd.org/district_services/facilities_planning_and_construction/new_construction.html

The future address of the WB middle school: 155 Visions Irvine, CA 92620

I also attached an image from the IUSD website mapping its location near Trabuco & Jeffrey.

Hope this helps.

Here are some jpg of the school grounds:
PA40MSSitePlan.jpg

PA40Rendering1.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

I see that they have electrical power lines off of Jeffrey near IVC.  How likely is it that they will need to extend that on the JOST by WB towards OH?

kayochan said:
I see that they have electrical power lines off of Jeffrey near IVC.  How likely is it that they will need to extend that on the JOST by WB towards OH?

If that happens, it will make a lot of people REALLY mad.  There are a lot of expensive newer homes along JOST, Carmel and Mentecito from 2010 collection among them.

My guess is that they will bring in the power from the hills towards OH.

Back