Author Topic: PeterUK's Talk Irvine Cycling Blog was updated...  (Read 5773 times)

Offline peteruk

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • http://cycling.talkirvine.com/
PeterUK's Talk Irvine Cycling Blog was updated...
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
Quote from: "peteruk"
Go to my Cycling Blog at http://cycling.talkirvine.com/

the latest update will make Golfers mad   :D

Offline roundcorners

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 62
  • -Received: 37
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
Hey Peter, I have a trite bicycling question that I always think about when I see you guys ridding around town...

You know those colorful Cycling Jerseys that you wear while riding?  Well how do you get those cool corporate sponsorships?  And then I start to think, well, maybe you just buy them, like that from the store?  But why?  I mean, do you get paid to sponsor a corp?  Or is it the other way around, do you have to pay, to wear a corp you like on your back?  Why can't you guys just have a plain jersey?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:53:00 PM by Anonymous »
Los Angeles...  Android...  Happy  ~RC

Offline Cubic Zirconia

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 749
  • -Received: 298
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
RC, a lot of corps give those jerseys to their cycling employees. At least all the companies I have worked for did.

Quote from: "roundcorners"
Hey Peter, I have a trite bicycling question that I always think about when I see you guys ridding around town...

You know those colorful Cycling Jerseys that you wear while riding?  Well how do you get those cool corporate sponsorships?  And then I start to think, well, maybe you just buy them, like that from the store?  But why?  I mean, do you get paid to sponsor a corp?  Or is it the other way around, do you have to pay, to wear a corp you like on your back?  Why can't you guys just have a plain jersey?
I framed the pre-qualification letter and posted it at a conspicuous place under adequate lighting so that a guest with normal vision can see it and express substantial jealousy.

Offline peteruk

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
    • http://cycling.talkirvine.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
Quote from: "roundcorners"

:-[ 99.99999% of the Guys you see on the Street wearing "Pro-Kits" don't get any kind of sponsorship or payment for wearing all the Logo's, in fact, they're very expensive to buy...

That's not the first time I've been asked this question btw   ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:54:00 AM by Anonymous »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal