Real Housewives of OC update

awgee

You may get a hot <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/barney-home-couple-2222977-sell-wanting">new neighbor </a>in Coto.

The times are a changing as Bob Dylan said.

Good Luck!

celebrity? what a joke.

how much could her husband be making? isn't he a service manager or something at Fletcher Jones? to be able to "afford" their $1.3M house, he has to be pulling a pretty decent salary, i.e. as much as any executive of a small to mid-size Company. For some reason, I doubt that. Obviously, I don't know their entire financial picture, but they must be doing something on the side...

<em>"(1) she was unhappy about how her business acumen was portrayed; and (2) she's taking a break from real estate as the market stays chilled. (Barney is listed as the agent for her home.)"</em>

It would seem to me "she" portrayed her own business acumen. Does "taking a break" mean that no one wants to list with her? Is listing your own property anything like having yourself for an attorney?

So, Tamara is not selling real estate. I am sure her husband is selling tons of Mercedes' in this market, so of course they are not underwater. They are just selling because they want more privacy. Yeah, right.

Well, let's hope they go to Newport. NB deserves Tamara and Tamara deserves NB.

<em>"The couple are raising four kids and Barney says their current neighborhood offers little in the way of security against folks wanting to occasionally gaze at a celebrity's home."</em>

Umm-m-m, a celebrity?

<em>"They hope to sell the 4,300-square-foot, 5-bedroom, 5.5-bathroom home and then pounce on one of the many bargains created by economic turmoil."</em>

They will pounce.

<em>"We'd (like to) pick up a foreclosure, or a vacant lot ? where ever.We know we can get a hell of a deal."</em>

xsocal - Do you think maybe you could show them some vacant lots in Arizona? Or maybe a deal in hell?

I couldn't help myself. I lookup up their property records:

On 9/6/2007 they took out an Option ARM for $1,240,000 and a HELOC for $77,500.

awgee

I don't think they would fit in in Arizona with us gun toting outdoorzy (new word LOL) conservative good 'ole boys.

Maybe a river front lot in Lake Havasu City where most of the OC sub contractors play with their toys would make them feel at home.

Don't forget her income from the series in addition to the real estate earnings.

Does anyone have any idea what the compensation for her "star status" would be?

Enjoy!

Is this <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Ladera-Ranch/3-Pointe-Cir-92694/home/5963188">Tamra's house?</a>

There are photos on Ziprealty.

I'm sure she'll use the <a href="http://www.bravotv.com/Real_Housewives/season/3/">show</a> to promote her house.

[quote author="xsocal land merchant" date=1226392993]

Don't forget her income from the series in addition to the real estate earnings.

Does anyone have any idea what the compensation for her "star status" would be?

Enjoy!</blockquote>

I have also wondered what their compensation for doing the show is. Sag wages? More? After all, they are celebrities.

in the lasner comments, it comes out that the husband no longer sells cars, but has retired to work on exciting entrepreneurial opportunities from home...

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1226396569]in the lasner comments, it comes out that the husband no longer sells cars, but has retired to work on exciting entrepreneurial opportunities from home...</blockquote>
"Entrepreneurial opportunities from home"

Think this means he was laid off from Fletcher Jones, and now his entrepreneurial opportunity at home is organizing the sock drawer? :coolsmirk:

awgee

The health benifits at SAG are fairly good provided a member works some minimum amount of hours per year of TV, voiceover, or radio. I don't believe print media helps in the hours.

I have faith that a member here will be able to find out scale of reality show performers. They may get some income from speaking or other PR gigs.

Between the Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and OC Housewives shows there are a lot of folks floating arount OC involved.

Enjoy!

Nah... he is probably gonna get rich <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MonaVie">selling prune juice</a>. I have also heard that many of sales people of the RE land are trying to get you to <a href="http://iamvoip.com/">ditch your phone</a>.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1226392812]I couldn't help myself. I lookup up their property records:

On 9/6/2007 they took out an Option ARM for $1,240,000 and a HELOC for $77,500.</blockquote>
Well her hubby did have to pay for her new boobs and that fugly rolex somehow. This is just a typical OC wanna-be high roller couple who were living above their means. They will be VERY LUCKY if sell their home for $1.3MM.

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1226396569]in the lasner comments, it comes out that the husband no longer sells cars, but has retired to work on exciting entrepreneurial opportunities from home...</blockquote>

Is that a euphemism for getting laid off, and Amway?

I thought it was hilarious that they think their house will sell for more than 20% of its 2005 price, but they will be able to pick up a bargain?

[quote author="xsocal land merchant" date=1226398770]awgee

The health benifits at SAG are fairly good provided a member works some minimum amount of hours per year of TV, voiceover, or radio. I don't believe print media helps in the hours.

I have faith that a member here will be able to find out scale of reality show performers. They may get some income from speaking or other PR gigs.

Between the Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and OC Housewives shows there are a lot of folks floating arount OC involved.

Enjoy!</blockquote>

It mainly depends on the success of the show.

Tamra joined the show after Jo left and wasn?t part of the original cast.

Most likely, she?s making less then some of her other cast mates.

On the hit show the Hills, LC makes the most followed by Heidi and Spencer.

The other cast members don?t make as much but are still compensated well, 6 figures at the very least.

Last I heard none of the OC Housewives cast are SAG members.

That`s why Reality TV is so profitable. No residuals to cast members.

They get a flat fixed contract for doing the season. Something around $ 250K was what

I heard for one of the early seasons. They are also prevented from doing anything out

side of Bravo`s influence with regards to the series or their celebrity from the show.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1226458605]Last I heard none of the OC Housewives cast are SAG members.

That`s why Reality TV is so profitable. No residuals to cast members.

They get a flat fixed contract for doing the season. Something around $ 250K was what

I heard for one of the early seasons. They are also prevented from doing anything out

side of Bravo`s influence with regards to the series or their celebrity from the show.</blockquote>

I'm not in entertainment, but that sounds right. We can't have every idiot on reality TV signing up for SAG thinking they get the benefits of it.

Slade Smiley's place was taken back by countrywide in Feb and it is STILL OCCUPIED. It has still not been listed for sale yet. 8798.63 still owed in backtaxes and 84,028 in accrued interest. The last payment made was in April of 2007!!! What a scam!

Back