Logged In, Saturday Night?

roundcorners

It's almost 8 on a Saturday night, the wife is at a neighbors baby sitting, and I'm home alone with the kid and cat. The kids been asleep for almost two hours now, and I've caught up on the recent TI posts, email and last week's This American Life... The night believe it or not is the highlight of my week! I finally get some lone time to just veg out... I'm not ashamed to confess as a parent, that my once high-flying, partying, up till 4am, LA sunset cruising, Saturday nights are loooong gone!

Looks like there isn't much peeps log-on tonight, and from a recent thread Trace did, I think everyone is having so much more fun on the weekend than I am; but are they?

Once again, I have to keep telling myself, things are often not as it seemed? Are you also home (alone) tonight, on TI, but just too timid to admit it? It's ok... most of us are not in our 20s anymore... we love the quiet, the nice serene silence of Irvine...

If I'm online, you can be sure that I'm always log-in to the IHB and now TI; often times I walk away, chores, meals, bath time, but I keep log-on. Most times, I am reading or listening to the radio... I do leave all the modzilla tabs open all day when at work, so, some of you might think I have no life and am on TI all day, but I don't really care what you guys think... but I know some of you do... of the options above what best describes your TI log-on/off habits?

Which describes you?

The new polling options are really short so I'll just type it up here:

#1 - I really don't have a life either and I'm hopeless addicted to the internet and TI - but I can't let anyone else know that, so I lurk in the dark for hours and only log-on to post then off again to lurk...

#2 - I live somewhat a normal life, so when you see my screen name I'm usually log-on; unless for a brief time away. When I'm done then I log-off and walk away.

#3 - I live somewhat a normal life, I keep the computer on and log-on to various sites including TI all the time; I might come and go throughout the day. I don't care if TI peeps think I'm on the site all day...

It's not very exciting around my house on weekend nights usually. Even if my husband has friends over for poker, I usually take the opportunity to go to bed and read a book. The computer stays on and I log in and log out to the IHB (now TI) while I'm checking around other sites and doing various household activities/chores. Right now, one kid is asleep, the other is watching a movie with hubby. The house is it's usual mess and the computer keeps me from cleaning it (yikes!), it will all get done tomorrow. I probably hop on and off of the computer 30 times a day. I was a lot more productive before this damn internet thing took over part of my life. I know what you mean RC, if I ever get any alone time I consider it a precious commodity.

Hahaha, RC, you're so funny. We are SO going to have to meet in person someday and take the kids and go out to dinner so you can have a life again. Baby schedules be damned!

I like to think I have a life. It's not super-exciting, but I'm kind of a boring person anyway. Tonight we actually had a rare Saturday night out, so that was fun. But I also like just vegging out and watching a DVD at home on Saturday nights, too.

Like tmare, I'm on and off the internet throughout the day. I usually do most of my web browsing and TI posting when my son is napping, or at night. I don't really worry about what others would think of my online habits...mostly because I don't really notice others people's habits, so I don't think they would notice mine.

I agree, alone time definitely becomes a precious commodity when you become a parent!

I'm on and off the net throughout the Day too...
For the first 2-3 months after my accident I lost the ability to concentrate and had really bad short-term memory loss, classic symptoms of a head injury...I would start to compose an email and leave it unfinished..plus I couldn't sit with my Laptop too long...

So to me this is therapy and just having the ability to be on the web and post to message Boards shouldn't be taken for granted, so don't feel guilty....

[quote author="peteruk"]I'm on and off the net throughout the Day too...
For the first 2-3 months after my accident I lost the ability to concentrate and had really bad short-term memory loss, classic symptoms of a head injury...I would start to compose an email and leave it unfinished..plus I couldn't sit with my Laptop too long...

So to me this is therapy and just having the ability to be on the web and post to message Boards shouldn't be taken for granted, so don't feel guilty....

[/quote]

Peter.. good to see youre back on forums on a regulae basis, yes we can't a single day for granted... are you back at work & ridding? I remember that whole ADD thing... I'm sure that didn't help...

Back