Santa Barbara in Woodbury

cameray

calpacificlogo.jpg

Santa Barbara?s new two-story townhome and flat designs deliver impressive value with spacious Great Rooms, open kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances plus charming courtyards. Private deck, office and loft are also featured in select home designs.  A variety of architectural styles add to the exterior character, and Santa Barbara is walking-close to some of the most popular amenities at Woodbury. Coming Soon!

SB-BE-Revised-210x138.jpg

Residence 1

Residence 2

Residence 3

Residence 3X

(link)

The way TIC has Woodbury set up, the builder is just a contractor so there is no need to buy land. Without these additional costs, CalPac can build homes again.

And since CalPac does have roundabout ties to TIC... why wouldn't they let them build a project.

Need to get TIC to contract out to the BK firm... heh.

According to the Villages of Irvine Interactive Map, they are being built at the corner of Pink Sage and Towngate.

ajw522 said:
According to the Villages of Irvine Interactive Map, they are being built at the corner of Pink Sage and Towngate.

I thought those lots were originally designated for John Laing Four Quartets. I guess since they went belly up they are free for new builders.

Irvine Co. moves forward with plans for new-home development
By Kristen Schott

topic_med_7547.jpg

Bolstered by the recent success of the 2010 New Home Collection, the Irvine Co. is moving forward with plans for its Santa Barbara at Woodbury project.

California Pacific Homes has begun construction on the models for the development, which is slated to grand open this summer.

The 125-home project will offer townhome and flat designs ranging from 1,165 to 1,1810 square feet with two to three bedrooms and two to three and one-half bathrooms. Residences will boast private courtyards; kitchens outfitted with islands, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances; and the community will be within walking distance to a number of local amenities.

The project comes on the heels of the late-January launch of the Irvine Co.'s 2010 New Home Collection, which generated interest among local homebuyers and providing a boost to the residential real estate industry. Since it opened, 318 homes in Woodbury and Woodbury East have been sold, spurring the firm to take advantage of the success.

"The long list of features planned for Santa Barbara combined with its spacious floorplan and striking exteriors help make this new neighborhood the perfect fit for the extraordinary Village of Woodbury," says Tom Veal, vice president of Irvine Co. Community Development.

Pricing has not been determined, according to the firm, but the interest list is available for homebuyers.

(link)

I still walk by this new development every morning... I took a picture, they had what looked like a HUGE rework, the other day where they tore out a huge chunk of wood framing & that black waterproffing paper... probably someone misred the blueprints, but this was what I was talking about the old Four Quartette lot...

roundcorners said:
I still walk by this new development every morning... I took a picture, they had what looked like a HUGE rework, the other day where they tore out a huge chunk of wood framing & that black waterproffing paper... probably someone misred the blueprints, but this was what I was talking about the old Four Quartette lot...

Hello there,

Have not hear from you for a while.  How are things?

OK, so after extensive review of the floorplans, I can find the slightest difference between the Plan 3 and the Plan 3X - I know there is a 47 sqft difference, but the rooms don't look any bigger, and the whole floorplan looks exactly the same, except for the loft being a tiny bit wider in 3X, and the garage being larger on 3X, not that that makes a difference in sqftage (i think).  Has anyone noticed anything I haven't?

ajw522 said:
OK, so after extensive review of the floorplans, I can find the slightest difference between the Plan 3 and the Plan 3X - I know there is a 47 sqft difference, but the rooms don't look any bigger, and the whole floorplan looks exactly the same, except for the loft being a tiny bit wider in 3X, and the garage being larger on 3X, not that that makes a difference in sqftage (i think).  Has anyone noticed anything I haven't?

The kitchen (and the loft above it) have both been expanded, putting an extra ~2 feet in between the island and the refrigerator niche, which allow you to open the fridge AND walk past it in the 3X. 

~2'x~12' x 2 floors = ~47ft.

IrvineRealtor said:
ajw522 said:

The kitchen (and the loft above it) have both been expanded, putting an extra ~2 feet in between the island and the refrigerator niche, which allow you to open the fridge AND walk past it in the 3X. 

~2'x~12' x 2 floors = ~47ft.

Aha!  That's what I missed.  The kitchen!  Thanks! That makes sense.

I got that email as well.  Wonder what the response will be for this model.  Hopefully demand will start to level out a bit with the expiration of all the gov't sponsored incentives.

I would be surprised the demand will die down. People are still buying in the new phase releases even thought the
closing date is in November. They don't have a clue what their interest rate will be, No fed tax benefit (minor bonus that
should not effect the decision) but they are still signing up. Also Santa Barbara is on the better side of sand canyon
and closer to town center/school etc..

I'm guessing  the pricing will be atleast 30-50K more than equivalent Monterey rates for the being on the
other side of Sand Canyon. Also mello roos is/will be higher i guess.

gaab said:
I got that email as well.  Wonder what the response will be for this model.  Hopefully demand will start to level out a bit with the expiration of all the gov't sponsored incentives.

The villages of irvine site say "Pricing anticipated from the high $300,000s"

So, let say $385,000 for 1,165 square foot model. Perhaps model 2 is low to mid $4s. The model 3/3x is in high $4s to low $5s.

I would like to see Model 1 at $325-$350,000. Lyons is offering at SCC a 1,126 square foot for $315,990 and 1,220 square foot for $335,990.

Drove by Santa Barbara today...looks like it should be opening soon, the models are pretty far along on the exterior, painted and stuccoed....I can't account for the inside, though.

Based on other new homes selling at Woodbury, Santa Barbara?s townhomes appear likely to sell from about $450,000 to $700,000.

I don't think the report is accurate. 700k seems way too high for a townhouse. I predict mid 5's for the larget plan.

We may have thought a bit more about our Monterey plan 3 if the announcement of Santa Barbara had come out
before we already were futher along in our buying process at Monterey. Like 2 things which monterey doesn't offer.
Location and the fact that each bedroom has an attached bath. I'm pretty sure the pricing will be definitely higher
than Monterey plan 3 just for the Location.

gaab said:

Back