Recommendation for a Washer/Dryer repair

octrends

Guys,

Can anyone recommend a reliable repair company or a person for Washer/Dryer? i need to find one ASAP.

Thx

we are in the process of buying, may happen in 1 month or 1 yr therefore thinking to get it fixed the old one till we go for new one.

Howard's is running a Frigidaire front load washer/dryer package for $799 currently.

You can also find similar deals at Fry's too.

Front loads have come down... so they are pushing things like steam washing etc etc to keep the higher price points viable.

[quote author="escrowbear"]800 total? How'd you do that?[/quote]
Sears, Best Buy and Home Depot had them on sale last week. I haven't looked at the flyers this week to see if they are still on sale.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Howard's is running a Frigidaire front load washer/dryer package for $799 currently.

Front loads have come down... so they are pushing things like steam washing etc etc to keep the higher price points viable.[/quote]
We liked Kenmore better than Frigadaire. The Kenmore seemed a lot sturdier and better made. I think my husband researched on consumer reports as well and he liked Kenmore.

How important is it to get the pedestals. Is there a better way to get some stands for the washer and dryer without spending 400/-
for the two pedestals.

pebbles said:
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Howard's is running a Frigidaire front load washer/dryer package for $799 currently.

Front loads have come down... so they are pushing things like steam washing etc etc to keep the higher price points viable.
We liked Kenmore better than Frigadaire.  The Kenmore seemed a lot sturdier and better made.  I think my husband researched on consumer reports as well and he liked Kenmore.
[/quote]

waitin4ever said:
How important is it to get the pedestals. Is there a better way to get some stands for the washer and dryer without spending 400/-
for the two pedestals.

pebbles said:

We liked Kenmore better than Frigadaire.  The Kenmore seemed a lot sturdier and better made.  I think my husband researched on consumer reports as well and he liked Kenmore.
[/quote]

I just built some.  I'm not a carpenter.  But I went to HD.  Picked out some 4x4s for the corners and 2x4's for the supports.  Had HD cut it to size.  Then slapped on some 3/4" plywood.  Painted it and voila!

escrowbear said:
waitin4ever said:
for the two pedestals.

pebbles said:

I just built some.  I'm not a carpenter.  But I went to HD.  Picked out some 4x4s for the corners and 2x4's for the supports.  Had HD cut it to size.  Then slapped on some 3/4" plywood.  Painted it and voila!

[/quote]

Any chance you're willing to post a pic of your home built stands?  I've been thinking of doing exactly this.  My concern is that I would need to make the stands exactly square and level so that the shaking/rattling from the washer won't create louder noises as the washer/dryer is upstairs.

jvna said:
escrowbear said:
waitin4ever said:
for the two pedestals.

pebbles said:

Any chance you're willing to post a pic of your home built stands?  I've been thinking of doing exactly this.  My concern is that I would need to make the stands exactly square and level so that the shaking/rattling from the washer won't create louder noises as the washer/dryer is upstairs.
[/quote]

I can't right now because they are in storage.  We are currently renting, and the landlord has provided their own washer and dryer. 

Back