Woodbury Community HOA

ajw522

I will start this thread as a soon-to-be Woodbury HOA resident!

Our community is located from Irvine Blvd to Trabuco Rd, between Jeffery and Sand Canyon Rd. Despite the similar name, Woodbury and Woodbury East are separate neighborhoods and maintain separate HOA's and amenities.

For non-Woodbury residents, we have Woodbury Community Park, a public access park. Within that park are 2 baseball diamonds, 2 basketball courts, a soccer field, a community center building, and a 3000 SQFT Tot-Lot. Woodbury Community Park is part of The Commons.

In the heart of Woodbury is the Commons, a 30-Acre Social gathering spot, with a community park, an elementary school, and a 9-acre private recreational facility, complete with 4 tennis courts, a basketball court, 3 swimming pools, a water garden, a great lawn, and more.

The elementary school located within the commons is Woodbury Elementary School. All residents of Woodbury and Woodbury East are served by Woodbury Elementary School. Woodbury Elementary School is served by the Irvine Unified School District.

Within the community, there are 8 neighborhood parks and 5 neighborhood gardens. Parks feature swimming pools, tot-lots, and basketball courts, and are scattered throughout the community, making it easily accessible for families.

We also have a shopping center attached to our community, Woodbury Town Center. It features a Trader Joe's, and a Walgreen's Pharmacy. It also has a variety of eateries, from Panera Bread and Niko Niko Sushi, to Pepino's Family Italian. Also, there is a LA Fitness, AT&T, Bank of America, and MORE.

IMHO, Woodbury is a great place to live and to raise your family. With the parks so close by, it is a great place to take your kids to play or just to sit and hang out. The only thing is that unless you buy a big home, most homes do not have that big of a lot, since it is in Irvine. But most SFRs have a good-enough size lot: for a 2283 sqft Montecito Plan 2, the lots are around 3800 sqft.

For the Woodbury Master Association, the dues are currently $105.

Woodbury does have a very nice common area. However, I wished that their "clubs" (ex: bridge, book, mommy and me) were active. Three of my friends living at WB told me that they e-mailed the contact person for several clubs and never got responses. If the clubs are no longer active, then I don't think they should be listed in the "club" section of the WB site. Also, I noticed that many events were held the first couple of years since WB opened, but not many were held in recent years including this year. I think they only had maybe 3 events this year and one of them was a "fall fest" where you could get information for the 2010 WB collection.

I think anyone thinking that they will get Ladera Ranch type clubs and events will be very disappointed. Just as an aside, I spoke to a woman who lives in Columbus Grove and she mentioned that they have events on a monthly basis (for family/kids as well as adults - wine tasting) as well as very active clubs. I've heard about this from couple of other residents from CG but didn't realize how active their association was.

[quote author="woodburyowner"]nice summary. you might want to change the 24hour fitness in your summary to a LA fitness.[/quote]

Wow - I have terrible memory. Thanks for the catch! Change has been made.

[quote author="kayochan"]Woodbury does have a very nice common area. However, I wished that their "clubs" (ex: bridge, book, mommy and me) were active. Three of my friends living at WB told me that they e-mailed the contact person for several clubs and never got responses. If the clubs are no longer active, then I don't think they should be listed in the "club" section of the WB site. Also, I noticed that many events were held the first couple of years since WB opened, but not many were held in recent years including this year. I think they only had maybe 3 events this year and one of them was a "fall fest" where you could get information for the 2010 WB collection.

I think anyone thinking that they will get Ladera Ranch type clubs and events will be very disappointed. Just as an aside, I spoke to a woman who lives in Columbus Grove and she mentioned that they have events on a monthly basis (for family/kids as well as adults - wine tasting) as well as very active clubs. I've heard about this from couple of other residents from CG but didn't realize how active their association was. [/quote]

Interesting - I thought the clubs were pretty active! You might want to have your friends contact Keri Pitman, the activities director, and talk to her.

Her contact info is :
Email : <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kpitman@pcminternet.com">kpitman@pcminternet.com</a><!-- e -->
Phone : 949-451-1650
Fax : 949-451-1600

I haven't had a good experience with renting the commons clubhouse "The Club". Two different times I spoke with the person in charge and both times they said that they don't rent the club out on those days because they're holiday weekend. But sure-shootin, the day that my event was to take place (Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend), there was an event going on there. That's pretty low to me.

We even thought of having our reception there and were planning on using it for a long time and pay $$ to reserve it, but they lied to us again. Not cool.

Other than that, I love Woodbury and the features it offers for the most part. No place is perfect and if I could afford to, I'd buy a specific home in one of their neighborhoods, but alas, it's a bit too expensive.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Back