Oak Creek

momopi

I'll start this thread as a resident of Oak Creek HOA!

Our community is located from Alton & Jeffery to Alton & Sand Canyon. Despite the name, Oak Creek Golf Course is actually not part of our community, and is separated from us by the Orangetree HOA.

For non-Oak Creek residents, we do have a nice public access park at corner of Valley Oak and Barranca with picnic tables, children's play area, restrooms, and tennis courts. Yes, you don't need to live here to use Valley Oak (Public) Park.

We have a shopping plaza at the corner of Jeffery & Alton with Gelson's market, which is kinda expensive, but carries some premium goodies. There's a Ralph's across the street if you want to save some $$.

Unfortunately, one side of our community is bordered by the 405 FWY, which grants easy access on Sand Canyon or Jeffery, but can be noisy if you live close to it. There's also some high power lines running along Sand Canyon.

Within the community, we have Oak Creek Elementary School, several parks, swimming pools, and other amenities. Like Woodbridge, our community is "split" along Alton with a bridge connecting the 2 sides (so your kids won't have to cross the street at street-level to go to school).

Some parts of the community has wide streets with nice landscaping, while other parts may appear cramped. The community has apartments for rent in the "edge' areas. My preference is for the NE side (where Gelsons is) from Royal Oak to Valley Oak. I don't like the homes below Valley Oak.

You can look up prices and floor plans in my HOA here:
http://oakcreekrealestate.net/renestate/show_listings.php

(He has been spamming my mail box with his fliers for the past 10 years)

IMO our community is not as pretty as Woodbridge, but the homes are newer (~10 years). I wish we had bigger parks and more green spaces inside the community, but I guess the land was too valuable for it. Lately, I've noticed that the master HOA has been slacking off on some maintenance, i.e. some of the pretty lights on the bridge are out and they have yet to replace the light bulbs. We also need more trans cans in public areas with "doggy bags' for dog owners. Unfortunately, some of the dog owners in my community don't pick up after their dogs.

Thx for sharing, how'z oak creek school as compare to other irvine elementary schools, do u have any experience?

[quote author="octrends"]Thx for sharing, how'z oak creek school as compare to other irvine elementary schools, do u have any experience?[/quote]

I don't have any kids attending the school, so can't comment. But the school is public accessible and you can drive by to have a look.

Back