Stonegate East

socal78

It looks like construction officially began earlier this week in "Stonegate East". The area along Sand Canyon on the east side from Irvine Blvd. to Portola Parkway has been sectioned off and heavy equipment is at work. Does anyone know what is planned for that specific plot of land?

[quote author="SoCal78"]It looks like construction officially began earlier this week in "Stonegate East". The area along Sand Canyon on the east side from Irvine Blvd. to Portola Parkway has been sectioned off and heavy equipment is at work. Does anyone know what is planned for that specific plot of land?[/quote]

So that's what it was. I was driving down 133 on Sunday, and got off Irvine Blvd, and I saw lots of people sitting under a tent - looked like a groundbreaking ceremony. I was wondering what was going to be built.

Great, thank you, Blueberry. I completely missed that news. So it's going to be a 28-acre campus - wow! I don't know how big that lot is, but I wonder how they will have room for all of this:

"Once completed, the full campus is expected to accommodate up to 1,200 students, with amenities including a 57,000-square-foot performing arts building, a 54,000-square-foot gym and sports complex, a competition-style swimming pool, lighted tennis courts and track, a lighted football and soccer field with portable bleachers, a three-level parking structure and a 60-foot high bell tower."

[quote author="SoCal78"]Great, thank you, Blueberry. I completely missed that news. So it's going to be a 28-acre campus - wow! I don't know how big that lot is, but I wonder how they will have room for all of this:

"Once completed, the full campus is expected to accommodate up to 1,200 students, with amenities including a 57,000-square-foot performing arts building, a 54,000-square-foot gym and sports complex, a competition-style swimming pool, lighted tennis courts and track, a lighted football and soccer field with portable bleachers, a three-level parking structure and a 60-foot high bell tower."[/quote]

Parking structure for a high school? Wow

Hmm, yeah, you're right. Traffic will no doubt pick-up. Luckily, though, for those concerned with drop-offs and pick-ups the bell schedules for the high school and Stonegate Elementary (K-6 across the street) should be off kilter. High school kids typically start earlier and get out later than little ones. IMO, it's worse when the bell schedules run very close together such as when an elementary is next to a middle school... then there is no time for traffic to clear out.

So, does the draw of the new high school in Stonegate East give any of you extra incentive to buy in Irvine?

[quote author="SoCal78"]Hmm, yeah, you're right. Traffic will no doubt pick-up. Luckily, though, the bell schedules for the high school and Stonegate Elementary (K-6 across the street) should be off kilter. High school kids typically start earlier and get out later than little ones. IMO, it's worse when the bell schedules run very close together such as when an elementary is next to a middle school... then there is no time for traffic to clear out. [/quote]

As long as the traffic is not as bad as Pioneer Middle School in Tustin, it should be ok. One lane going into the school and one lane going out for 1450 students doesn't work well. :mad: Ugh.

Back