La Casella - has anyone viewed the model?

gaab

Reviewing all the plans again prior to the trip and plan 3 (4br/4bth + loft) for La Casella really stands out. Has anyone seen the model in person?

The layout looks to be quite efficient - does the plan flow well when implemented?

I have actually seen it. They closed the Villa Rosa models so you had to go there to get information and I decided to look through the models while I was there.

The plan 4 is interesting as it has 2 master bedrooms one on the main floor and one on the second floor. There is also a bedroom each on the main floor and on the second floor. With the loft set up as a living space, it's as if it was meant for 2 families except each one can only have one car (there is only a 2-car garage).

I don't like the kitchen/dining set up but as you've said on the other thread, you prefer that area to be separate from the living room.

It's really nice... but it did feel a bit cramped because they did try to fit a master and a bedroom on the 1st floor.

As for the implementation, I'm going to say the 1st floor isn't well planned. The entrance goes right through the living room so you'll have issues with furniture/media placement and then depending on the size of your dining room table, it will be right in the middle of the path to the kitchen and the back room and garage.

When you see it in person, maybe you'll see what I am saying.

irvinehomeowner,

Thank you ! We agree completely on the positives. I really like the idea of having master bedrooms on each floor.

When I go I'll be sure to take pics as a way of giving back to this group for all the great info.

[quote author="bones"]Here are the most recent prices:

Plan 1 1656 sq ft- $600,990-618,990

Plan 2 2090 sq ft- $648,990-663,990

Plan 3 2643 sq ft- $725,990 currently sold out

Plan 3 is an interesting layout, it does set up nicely for the multi-generational household if thats what your looking for. Plan 1 has a casita if you're just looking to stash the inlaws, and I like the courtyard, its an interesting way of squeezing some outdoor space into the middle unit. Not much outdoor space overall in the plans.

For the price I would look at Paloma in Portola Springs, though if you're looking for short walking distance to stores and schools, PS is not there yet.[/quote]

It's amazing how big of a price difference there is between a 2156 sqft SFR and a 2643 sqft Townhome.

Back