New categories

irvinehomeowner

Since the deadline has passed, when can we start seeing the new sub-forums?

Other than the general Real Estate categories, I would like to see one that is geared towards Home Maintenance or the like. I remember we that we used to post either in the Architecture/Design or WaterCooler area at the "other place" but that didn't seem right.

It would be a category where you could ask what is the best countertop or flooring to use. What vendors do you recommend and some posters can even pimp out their parents.

For instance, I want to price out laying sod in a small area in my backyard, so I want to post a question regarding this.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Since the deadline has passed, when can we start seeing the new sub-forums?

Other than the general Real Estate categories, I would like to see one that is geared towards Home Maintenance or the like. I remember we that we used to post either in the Architecture/Design or WaterCooler area at the "other place" but that didn't seem right.

It would be a category where you could ask what is the best countertop or flooring to use. What vendors do you recommend and some posters can even pimp out their parents.

For instance, I want to price out laying sod in a small area in my backyard, so I want to post a question regarding this.[/quote]

I agree, I like this idea. I may even have a supporting vendor/contractor to add to the list that has done some work with a few people here.

I have some stucco work that I have been delaying and debating on doing it myself. I could take pics of the process, and keep an accurate count of how many a beer job it really is.

And for the sod... Deuce is your man!

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Since the deadline has passed, when can we start seeing the new sub-forums?[/quote]

Yes, they will be added this weekend. Hopefully today.

See "General Real Estate" and your wish is granted. (It probably should be moved to "outside of OC, but hey, we can find it...)

I find it a pain to navigate through the forums, especially where there is deep nesting. Any chance of a tree?

[quote author="StuffIt"]I find it a pain to navigate through the forums, especially where there is deep nesting. Any chance of a tree?[/quote]

What part is too nested, stuffit? Do you mean the real estate sub-boards? If so, what would you like to see done differently? I could pull out owners issues, renting, and HOA and just leave the strict RE there as sub-boards.

I don't know if it's possible at this time, but I will check into a diagram.

[quote author="SoCal78"]
[quote author="StuffIt"]I find it a pain to navigate through the forums, especially where there is deep nesting. Any chance of a tree?[/quote]

What part is too nested, stuffit? Do you mean the real estate sub-boards? If so, what would you like to see done differently? I could pull out owners issues, renting, and HOA and just leave the strict RE there as sub-boards.

I don't know if it's possible at this time, but I will check into a diagram.[/quote]

Yeah - its the real estate section. e.g. navigating from irvine to the water cooler.

Personally I would like to jump from any section to any section by navigating through a tree view (each category would be a node in a tree - but no postback since it would be too slow). Not sure if its possible using this software (how good is your java script?), I expect the benefits would probably not outweigh the effort (its not like you are getting paid for this).

Stuffit: I don't know if this helps, but you mentioned that you would like to jump from section to section. Does the "forum jump" feature on the bottom-right of the screen help at all? I just tried it from Irvine RE board and was able to jump to the Water Cooler. You might have already seen that thing, though.

[quote author="SoCal78"]Stuffit: I don't know if this helps, but you mentioned that you would like to jump from section to section. Does the "forum jump" feature on the bottom-right of the screen help at all? I just tried it from Irvine RE board and was able to jump to the Water Cooler. You might have already seen that thing, though.[/quote]

Hadn't seen that - looks good to me. Thx

Back