Dana Point Festival of Whales (March 6-7, & 13-14)

cameray

Dana Point Festival of Whales
March 6-7, & 13-14
at Dana Point Harbor, Dana Point, CA

painting.jpg

This winter a different type of tourist will be traveling along the West Coast and heading to Baja during its annual migration: the majestic California Gray Whale. The whales will begin their migration in late November, but from March 6 through 14, thousands of these 35-ton leviathans will splash through the seaside community of Dana Point, California ? the West Coast's premier location to meet and greet these incredible creatures during the 39th Annual Dana Point Festival of Whales.

Festival highlights include an opening day parade, street faire and farmers market, art exhibits, classic car exhibits, concerts on land and water, environmental activities, educational opportunities, interpretive crafts, kids activities and of course, whale watching excursions that will allure even the most steadfast landlubber out to sea. For those wishing to spend more than a day admiring these mighty leviathans and taking in the sights of beautiful Dana Point, a variety of accommodations are available throughout the city, many offering whale watching packages and breathtaking ocean and harbor view guest rooms. The 2010 Festival invites visitors to migrate to each and every exciting event via complimentary shuttle service provided throughout the Festival venues!

Festival of Whales Calendar of Events
http://www.dpfestivalofwhales.com/events.html

I have never been whale watching. I think it would be a lot of fun to check out this event. I think my children would like it.

Back