New Home Focus Group

Thanks CK for the info. It's a great experience indeed and wishing I had the opportunity. Where is that Thank You bottom? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

How awesome that you got to be part of that! I wonder if they realized they had an Irvine housing expert in their midst.

Did you have a chance to mention that the price of Irvine homes is driving you to search in secret locations? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Was some non-disclosure agreement broken by the post? I read the original post, but now it's gone.

Yeah the original post was good, very helpful. There probably was some sort of of NDA and TIC saw it on the website and told them to take it down. This is wild speculation of course.

Who needs a focus group, when they should just read these forums (which they'd be stupid not to follow). I agree, the original post had lots of good information.

Reposted with minor edits. Sorry for the hiatus, just consider that we gave a preview, and then held back to create some pent up demand. Sort of like the roll out of the 2010 collection. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[quote author="ck"]Reposted with minor edits. Sorry for the hiatus, just consider that we gave a preview, and then held back to create some pent up demand. Sort of like the roll out of the 2010 collection. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->[/quote]
So where online do I sign-up on the pre-reg list for future Focus Group Posts?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="ck"]Reposted with minor edits. Sorry for the hiatus, just consider that we gave a preview, and then held back to create some pent up demand. Sort of like the roll out of the 2010 collection. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->[/quote]
So where online do I sign-up on the pre-reg list for future Focus Group Posts?[/quote]

Sorry my friend.

3CWG focus Group was last held in 1994.

So where online do I sign-up on the pre-reg list for future Focus Group Posts?[/quote]

Very cool CK.

The closest I got to a TIC focus group was the online survey conducted about 1 year ago:

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/4583/

I am glad someone from TI got a chance to input on future TIC development.

I wonder if they will have a similar focus group for other price points as well?

If they had a little comment card with the survey, I would have filled out..."how about selling a 2,500sf home with 4+ bedrooms that's not on a tiny lot for under $850k?" ::)

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I'll take a < 2000sft house, as long as it has 3BR and a 3CWG.[/quote]

One of the townhouse plans they discussed actually was 3CW. Only problem was that it was two single car garages on either side, and then middle slot was your front door entry. All sitting right on a motorcourt. And get this, one of the two garage stalls had no entry door to the home --- you'd have to walk out of the garage onto the motorcourt and then into your front door.

That floorplan was soundly thumped by the participants. If it makes it to production, I'll be shocked.[/quote]
I don't understand that, Olivos Plan 3 in Quail Hill is like that as an SFR.

Bad enough there is no more 3CWG... but why nerf the 2CWG too?

I dunno... what does BK think... a 2-car garage door or 2 split 1-car garage doors?

[quote author="ck"]

One of the townhouse plans they discussed actually was 3CW. Only problem was that it was two single car garages on either side, and then middle slot was your front door entry. All sitting right on a motorcourt. And get this, one of the two garage stalls had no entry door to the home --- you'd have to walk out of the garage onto the motorcourt and then into your front door.

That floorplan was soundly thumped by the participants. If it makes it to production, I'll be shocked.[/quote]
I don't understand that, Olivos Plan 3 in Quail Hill is like that as an SFR.

Bad enough there is no more 3CWG... but why nerf the 2CWG too?

I dunno... what does BK think... a 2-car garage door or 2 split 1-car garage doors?[/quote]

I like the front door at the middle of the home. Symmetry is nice. There are millions of 2CWG cookie cutter tracts but only a handful of split garages with a front forecourt.

Back