Shady Canyon

cactusfan

Just wanted to re-start the Shady Canyon thread from the now-closed Irvine Housing Forums...

Went and saw 56 Golden Eagle over the weekend. Truly amazing house! And the landscaping work was very well done too, mini-vinyard, salt water pool, bridge, casita, and the little viewing area at the top of the slope. Nice!

Another shot of the exterior. A pair of parallel 3CWG=6CG around a basketball court to the right of portal. To the left is a Fedex /UPS package shed. 80% of home rambling single story not shown is behind vegetation on a 2 acre lot. House constructed of Adobe bricks and texture is not legible on photo.

Very nice. Did you borrow any ideas from this one?

7-1-wurster1.jpg

[quote author="graceomalley"]Just finished this one. [/quote]

Grace, sorry for the stupid question but what do you mean by just finished this one? Is this a project done by your firm? If so, that's really cool.

Just for fun, I would encourage some of the newcomers here to venture back to the Irvine Housing Blog forums, and read up a bit on BK's knowledge and historical resume. Perhaps you will then understand why many of us old timers from IHB are so deferential to his opinion on home and community design.

He's the real deal, folks. And for those who get all butt-hurt by his stereotyping of groups --- try to understand that is what market research is. That's how they design homes and communities--- that is how they designed Irvine. You should be thankful he is giving you a glimpse into how the process works...since it so directly impacts your lives.

And besides, if you can't laugh at yourself ---- who can you laugh at?

I agree with CK's comments. BK has freely given his usually-expensive insights. The generalizations he gives are usually not specifically directed at any individual(s). They are meant to apply to most, not all. I appreciate his posts, even though I won't be able to afford any of his approved homes.

Yes,

This home was recently finished and I designed it 5 years ago.

The garden is being worked on. In the rose garden forecourt there will be a "well" style fountain. Very under stated. The rafter beam tails are real heavy timber placed exactly at 4' apart. Rooms therefore must be sized at the multiple of 4' such as 12'x16, 16x20, 16x16', 20'x24, 24x36' and etc.

By counting the number of rafter tail spacings times 4' then you know the length of the house.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor"]Very nice. Did you borrow any ideas from this one?

7-1-wurster1.jpg

[/quote]

Nice IR2. This is my all time favorite. William Wurster. This house is a historic landmark.

[quote author="ck"]Just for fun, I would encourage some of the newcomers here to venture back to the Irvine Housing Blog forums, and read up a bit on BK's knowledge and historical resume. Perhaps you will then understand why many of us old timers from IHB are so deferential to his opinion on home and community design.

He's the real deal, folks. And for those who get all butt-hurt by his stereotyping of groups --- try to understand that is what market research is. That's how they design homes and communities--- that is how they designed Irvine. You should be thankful he is giving you a glimpse into how the process works...since it so directly impacts your lives.

And besides, if you can't laugh at yourself ---- who can you laugh at?

[/quote]

CK,

Nice PR. You should go for TIC.

[quote author="graceomalley"]
CK,

Nice PR. You should go for TIC.[/quote]

I already work in one of their buildings. It's nice, too. Almost like they designed it for me. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[quote author="graceomalley"]Another shot of the exterior. A pair of parallel 3CWG=6CG around a basketball court to the right of portal. To the left is a Fedex /UPS package shed. 80% of home rambling single story not shown is behind vegetation on a 2 acre lot. House constructed of Adobe bricks and texture is not legible on photo.[/quote]

House looks fabulous! great job! 2 acre lot...one of the huge ones on Golden Eagle? Just curious...And wondering if the owner had any problems going over the five year limit TIC puts on home completion?

CK, do you work for E or P? <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->

Oh I forgot, K is in Irvine too.

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]
CK,

Nice PR. You should go for TIC.[/quote]

I already work in one of their buildings. It's nice, too. Almost like they designed it for me. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->[/quote]

[quote author="purpletulip"]CK, do you work for E or P? <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->

[/quote]

Hehe...that would be "K"--- we are the newcomers to Irvine, but have the newest building! Am I sensing you are an E or P?? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I am an ex K and P <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->, both in LA downtown.

They became no option after we had our first born <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->.

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="purpletulip"]CK, do you work for E or P? <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->

[/quote]

Hehe...that would be "K"--- we are the newcomers to Irvine, but have the newest building! Am I sensing you are an E or P?? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->[/quote]

[quote author="purpletulip"]I am an ex K and P <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->, both in LA downtown.
They became no option after we had our first born <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->.

[/quote]

Good for you. My wife also works at k. After trying to juggle it for the first 5 years of parenthood we recently gave up and she went half-time. The pay cut stings, but you can't put a price tag on time with your child.

[quote author="irvinefan"]how come no one talks about D? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> just because they're in costa mesa?[/quote]
It's all about the P!!! <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->

Back