Las Flores

gld42

Recently drove by Las Flores, it is a beautiful community. In term of traffic, it is very similar to Ladera Ranch. But the housing price is 10% cheaper than Ladera Ranch. Any reason behind it?

It's older and has fewer amenities than Ladera. Las Flores is part of the City of RSM.. I live in RSM and love the area.

it is very pretty there, good schools, It feels better than Ladera, houses have bigger yards than Ladera, could not tell the difference on the amentities. Do you mean Ladera HOA throw more parties?

Also, Las Flores's housing price is not holding as strong as RSM, although it is a part of it. why?

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People"]It's older and has fewer amenities than Ladera. Las Flores is part of the City of RSM.. I live in RSM and love the area. [/quote]

Ladera has more pools, commercial centers, parks. Las Flores does not.

I don' t know why Las Flores isnt holding value as well as RSM. Perhaps there is a greater diversity of homes - sizes and styles - in RSM than there is in just the LF area.

I am thinking the reason could be Las Flores' Mello-roos are much higher, 1-3X. For every $100 extra in tax, there is an equivalent of $18,000 extra in home price.

We ALMOST bought in Las Flores before we decided to buy in Irvine over 10 years ago.

They actually have very nice homes there... does anyone have data to show that it's not holding value better than RSM? And as for being 10% cheaper than Ladera... did they drop in value as much as Ladera did? From my casual observations, it seems like Ladera has crashed much harder than LF and being newer may also explain the 10% difference.

didnot have any data, just looked at some sold houses on Redfin, price seems cheaper than LD. LD's lot is too small, only 2,000 to 3,000 sf, amlost no yard.

LD got hit hard, so is RSM. RSM has good schools, the problem is traffic (toll road expenses) and Mello Ross.

You made a right decision to buy in Irvine 10 years ago where the housing price still holds fine.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]We ALMOST bought in Las Flores before we decided to buy in Irvine over 10 years ago.

They actually have very nice homes there... does anyone have data to show that it's not holding value better than RSM? And as for being 10% cheaper than Ladera... did they drop in value as much as Ladera did? From my casual observations, it seems like Ladera has crashed much harder than LF and being newer may also explain the 10% difference.[/quote]

Back