No one talks about PS?

cottontail

Anyone interested in PS? I still see a lot of empty lots in PS. There's no marketing, no planning for PS.... Everyone talks about WB/WE these days.
Any update on PS 1/2? What's TIC's plan for it?

I was told that PS II will start developing with new builders by end of the this year. I hope that they bring out some nice SFRs with bigger lots to replace Manzanita and Paloma. I've always believed that PS will be more desirable than Woodbury in the future.

i think i saw a manzanita model for sale... plan 2 @ $800K. 2 bedrooms (BR 3 = loft in the model) for $800K, sounds about right, eh?

By PSII you mean the existing enclave south of portola?
There are no big lots left there. Los Arbolos already near finished. Only thoese smaller lots (previously called "Vientos") need to be constructed. All of them are targeted for very small detached condos (2b - 3b, less than 1500 sqr).

I've heard that the new school will come in 2013/2014 school year. So future PS developing should be finishing around that time also.

[quote author="Panda "]I was told that PS II will start developing with new builders by end of the this year. I hope that they bring out some nice SFRs with bigger lots to replace Manzanita and Paloma. I've always believed that PS will be more desirable than Woodbury in the future. [/quote]

PS II is everything east of the existing PS (although depending how they build out... there could be a PSIII+).

If you look at a TIC map, you'll see that much of PS is still undeveloped... the current area is only 1/3 of what the entirety of PS will become.

According to IHO West Irvine and Tustin Ranch are both far considering Irvine's traffic congestion during rush hour the fringes are another 40 minutes further out. IHO's epicenter of reference is the 405 by the Airport. You may consider the 241 is your ideal point of reference then PS is really ideal being close to the toll road.

Kayo will tell you that you may develop cancer because the cell tower is near by. Others may also say the landfill continues to pollute the underground infrastructure too.

[quote author="bones"]I like PS a lot, more than WB, mainly because it just feels more open, at least on the north side. I actually like that it is a little farther away. And only frank thinks it smells.

Most of the existing projects are moving towards buildout soon, except maybe Manzanita. There are open lots where most of the infrastructure is in place, not sure what is planned, but these lots are not that great, closer to Portola and 133/241.

I think its been mentioned here that they will start building out PS after WB and WE starting end of 2010, assuming the economy doesn't tank again. I tried asking one of the Brookfield guys, but he didn't know what the plans were.[/quote]

Uh, I'm not concerned with the smell. Well, actually, paying a million dollars to live by a trash dump isn't worth it, it feels like u are living in the "boonies", but something about these rough numbers that are higher than woodbury i don't like:

Bond 4500
mello roos 680
mello roos 2100

nuff said... grace?

[quote author="graceomalley"]According to IHO West Irvine and Tustin Ranch are both far considering Irvine's traffic congestion during rush hour the fringes are another 40 minutes further out. IHO's epicenter of reference is the 405 by the Airport. You may consider the 241 is your ideal point of reference then PS is really ideal being close to the toll road.

Kayo will tell you that you may develop cancer because the cell tower is near by. Others may also say the landfill continues to pollute the underground infrastructure too.

[/quote]

Speaking of traffic, what do you think Sand Canyon and Jeffrey will look like once:

1) finish selling 2010 woodbury collection
2) buildout of Woodbury II with the thousands of homes
3) Portola springs buildout...

Uh, think of it that way...you think Jamboree is bad at 5:30pm

[quote author="frank69m"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]According to IHO West Irvine and Tustin Ranch are both far considering Irvine's traffic congestion during rush hour the fringes are another 40 minutes further out. IHO's epicenter of reference is the 405 by the Airport. You may consider the 241 is your ideal point of reference then PS is really ideal being close to the toll road.

[/quote]

Speaking of traffic, what do you think Sand Canyon and Jeffrey will look like once:

1) finish selling 2010 woodbury collection
2) buildout of Woodbury II with the thousands of homes
3) Portola springs buildout...

Uh, think of it that way...you think Jamboree is bad at 5:30pm[/quote]

Don't leave out the Toll road cheapskates exiting on to Portola to avoid paying the last leg of the toll.

[quote author="cantaloop"]I remember someone from IHB making the famous quote (which I've never forgotten).

PS is like the IE of Irvine.[/quote]
I thought that was El Camino.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="cantaloop"]I remember someone from IHB making the famous quote (which I've never forgotten).

PS is like the IE of Irvine.[/quote]
I thought that was El Camino.[/quote]

El Camino is the Compton of Irvine today and was the Woodbury of 1967.

PS is far (and so is Woodbury).

The advantage is that PS is "elevated", unlike the West Irvine and the lower areas of Tustin Ranch.

And frank... living near a trash dump didn't seem to affect Newport Coast very much... hear no evil smell no evil.

Ranch residents have this mentality. When you can't see it the problems go away. It is like "putting a bag over her ugly face or just close your eyes."

head-in-the-sand.gif

TIC is very clever to landscape and visually block off the Coast dump site by sculpturing the land to reflect the natural looking terrains and not looking like a piled up trash in a pyramid formation.

The WE water storage tank was painted with a soft hue to blend with the environment and layered trees to make this industrial plot looking like a nice fenced off park.

Many neighborhoods were built adjacent to massive freeway sound walls and with proper layering of trees the problem is visually mitigated.

As long the consumers see a pleasing veil over all the eye sores many of the problems become low priorities.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]PS is far (and so is Woodbury).

The advantage is that PS is "elevated", unlike the West Irvine and the lower areas of Tustin Ranch.

And frank... living near a trash dump didn't seem to affect Newport Coast very much... hear no evil smell no evil.[/quote]

I'd still rather be by the Ocean than by a former Military Base.

I posted this on the other thread. Did anyone else see the full page Portola Springs ad in the Register today? Maybe they saw this "No one talks about PS" thread? I found it really interesting TIC would drop that full page ad when the 2010 collection is clearly their focus.

Back