Who bought the 2010 home?

Congrats Mike.

Not sure if you have followed my posts. We bought a Montecito Plan 1 in the middle of Jan.

Haha, Thanks Mike. That room will be our baby room as well. He is 7 months old and by the time we move in. He will be 9 months and hopefully our house will be ready to host his 1st birthday party.

Congratulations on your purchase! I too purchased a Plan 1 at Montecito. Again, congrats!

Congrats to everyone who bought here (and who could afford it)... home ownership is awesome and I don't think some of the renters from the previous forums really understood the benefits of owning.

My questions for you (if not too personal):

1. Were you renting before?
2. If not, did you sell your previous home to buy in WB/WBE?
3. Did you live in Irvine before, if not, and if you can share... where did you live?
4. What drew you to the particular builder/plan you bought?
5. Were you high up on the Interest List?
6. Why Irvine?

Thanks in advance.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Congrats to everyone who bought here (and who could afford it)... home ownership is awesome and I don't think some of the renters from the previous forums really understood the benefits of owning.

My questions for you (if not too personal):

3. Did you live in Irvine before, if not, and if you can share... where did you live?
6. Why Irvine?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Hello IHO,

Is this question for Mike? Or for people that have bought? I may have mentioned about a fews things you have asked here. Thanks

Thanks IHO,

Here goes,

1) and 2) Not renting before, but we sold our Irvine Home (first home) last year in Dec so we are staying with relative for the time being. On the side note, no we didn't profit from our Irvine Home. We originally bought in 2005 and very fortunately to break even (not including commission) and upgrade.
3) Before our first home in Irvine, we lived in Orange. Never lived in Irvine before.
4) Pricing. Only Coronado (Mid-500) and Monticito (High-600) were in our price range. We all know about what happened to these prices in the beginning of Dec. They went up. Anyhow, the resells on the market at the time were not only limited but priced a bit higher with lots of competition from FCB. So we decided to go for new. Besides, we don't have the luxury of keep staying with relative to wait for the good deal. With all our stuff in storage, our time line was limited. If we couldn't find something by the beginning of Jan, we have to secure something to move out by May. Therefore 2010 new home, fit our time frame only if we were able to get in on Phase 1.
5) I was pretty high up in the list 10:02 time stamp. #14 for Montecito and didn't find out for Coronado ( we did get a call from them Sunday night but we have decided on Montecito already so we dropped out )
6) In Orange, we always make trips to either San Gabriel, Rowland Heights, or Irvine to get good Chinese Food. Though Irvine's prices and selection can't compare to SG or RH but the city is well planned and very enjoyable when we were here. We also went to UCI so we grew to like the environment quiet a bit. Then, I was very lucky to got a job in Irvine. So we decided to purchase our first home in Irvine in 2005 and settled down.

Any feedback or questions is very welcome.

Thanks

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]Congrats to all the new buyers. I hope you guys enjoy the homes for a long time. [/quote]

At this price level, we better be. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="fe9000"]
[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]Congrats to all the new buyers. I hope you guys enjoy the homes for a long time. [/quote]

At this price level, we better be. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]
Not like the resales that we saw were priced any better and going against FCBs wasn't fun. Given the lack of inventory and current market prices in Irvine, TIC priced the homes accordingly (unfortunately raising priced before the grand opening). I know a lot of people don't like where Irvine prices are today, but if you were to venture over to Newport Beach/Coast, Laguna Beach, and Corona Del Mar you'd think you were getting a bargain in Irvine. At the end of the day, it comes down to loving where you live because that will translate into happiness. I hope I'm invited to the housewarming party. ;D

I am the poorest of the new 2010 home owners! You all probably know that I got Coronado Plan 2. I'm pretty excited to move in!

Yes, since 1998.

N/A

Irvine (4 years), CM (2 years), LR (5 years), and currently Woodbury for about about 7 months...

Cheapest 4 bed config...

Yes (registered at 10:01am)

6. Why Irvine?
Went to undergrad at UCI. Work in Irvine. Wife works in Irvine. Currently going to B-School at UCI. Love Irvine. Love the Open Space Trail. Love all the 99 Ranches. Love Motorcourts (okay last 2 were a joke...)

[quote author="scubasteve"]I am the poorest of the new 2010 home owners! You all probably know, but I got Coronado Plan 2. I'm pretty excited to move in!

Yes, since 1998.

N/A

Irvine (5 years), CM (2 years), LR (5 years), and currently Woodbury for about about 7 months...

Cheapest 4 bed config...

Yes (registered at 10:01am)

6. Why Irvine?
Went to undergrad at UCI. Work in Irvine. Wife works in Irvine. Currently going to B-School at UCI. Love Irvine. Love the Open Space Trail. Love all the 99 Ranches. Love Motorcourts (okay last 2 were a joke...)
[/quote]
First year B-school student? If so, one of my buyers is your classmate.

Back