Martial Art School Near North Irvine/Tusin Ranch

trip

Hi all,

First time poster, but avid reader of the real estate forum. I'm looking for a martial art class for my 6 and 8 years old. Will consider any type of discipline. Does anyone have a recommendation for a dojo?

A good dojo for me is one that is reasonable priced, not too pushy. Have good teacher who cares about safety, characters, and discipline, not just winning trophies. Where's Mr. Miyagi? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Thanks and have a good day.

We take our 6 year old daugther to Master Lee's Taekwondo Talium, located next to the Marketplace Costco (between Costco and Lollicup). We've been going for a couple of months and have been very happy with results...and the kids love it as well. Very even mix between girls and boys in the classes, and seems like most all of the kids are from right around the neighborhood (Myford and Hicks Canyon seem to be heavily represented) --- so if you live in the area there may be a good chance they see some friends there.

http://www.talium4me.com/

Instructors are firm, but make it fun for the kids. I believe you can do one free trial class, and then there is a discount for the first month ($60 and includes uniform). After that it is $145/mo for two days/week (45 min per class) or $150/mo for 3 days a week.

Short notice, but there is belt testing tonight between 4pm - 5pm....might be a good time to observe. I'll be there cheering my girl on! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Good luck on your search.

I was thinking of checking that dojo out too since it's the closest to home and I go to that Costco often. It's good to hear feedback from a current patron. Thanks.

Back