New to the Forum: Let's talk Sonoma

acf

First off, hello everyone! Just found out about this forum the other day from a friend.

I am interested in Sonoma Plan 3 and was wondering if anyone had opinions on the current price, and what the future prices of these places may be. Are these places going to sell out through to phase 12? Is there enough interest? Is there any downside to waiting until a later phase to purchase one?

Just starting to feel out this market.

Welcome to TI acf... you can get tons of opinions about Sonoma on one of these threads:

The main Woodbury thread... very long and lots of posts:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.cgi?board=irvinere&action=display&thread=189

Or specifically about Sonoma Plan 3:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.cgi?board=irvinere&action=display&thread=429

Personally:

1. My opinion on current price is they are too high. They will probably go up in the near future but will come back down once the initial frenzy has died down.

2. It will take longer than they think to sell through phase 12.

3. I can't imagine there will be enough interest for that many homes... but it is Irvine.

4. I don't see any downside other than not getting a lot that releases in an earlier phase. If interest does die down, you might start seeing builder incentives.

My advice? If you can afford to wait... whether prices go up or down (they won't jump 20% in the next year or two)... and you don't mind about where lots are in later phases... wait.

As of FEB 12, 2010 sentiment on the board is to wait. TIC is currently cheerleading to keep up the facade of urgency.

I've got word from Mr. Irvine that New Homes from TIC will not go below $300 at the bottom. He did however mention that we will see sub $300/SF homes all over Northwood, Woodbury, Portola Springs and other nice communities for resales. So I guess I'm going to wait until new homes in Irvine sell at $300 ppsf. levels OMG!! what ever happened to that $250 number that we were all crazy about back in 2007 IHB? <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( -->

I feel robbed!

@ $300, i'd buy one of the new homes in a heartbeat. 2400 sq ft @ $720k i think is a good price. maybe i'm looking at wrong, so fell free to correct me. @ $720K, you put 20% down, your mortgage can be roughly $3200 per month. That's around what I've seen in terms of rent for a nice single family home. i know there's a lot more that goes into this (value of tax subsidy, RE tax, ins, hoa), but i just use this as a rough barometer.

If the Sonoma Plan 2 was $750k (2463sft), I would probably seriously consider buying it.

It currently starts at $820k so I need TIC to give me a $70k off coupon.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]If the Sonoma Plan 2 was $750k (2463sft), I would probably seriously consider buying it.

It currently starts at $820k so I need TIC to give me a $70k off coupon.[/quote]

If Sonoma 2 costed 750K, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 750K is the right price for Sonoma plan 2.

[quote author="mikeirvine"]I agreed sonoma plan 2 should be 750k. That what PS is selling for now... closer to the fire and land fill.

But at this point that not going to happen to WB, Maybe next year but most of sonoma will be sold by then. The marketing and sale people are going down the waiting lists ..... and they will tell you if you don't like it pass or wait ..... no discount, no selection of CA option, if you buy one they will treat you like king, but still not negotiation.

If you like CA room and the new design go for the new home, if not there will be more old design old home coming out on the market later ....?

With the great park coming up, WB will be hot for years to FCB.
Irvine company is thinking and planing .... last year was their best year in their history. Demand increase, control supplies, test market and targeting FCB ...... seem to work for now.

We can pray for what we want but Irvine company is playing GOD now.

[/quote]

That will be GREAT!
3 car wide garage, a real backyard , a front yard, driveway and no front doors off a pathetic alley.

Thanks for the feedback. I think there are some good opinions on this forum. Sorry for the late reply, I went on vacation. I am already in a little detached condo in woodbury which is quite comfortable and I am in no rush to buy. That being said, if something that I fell in love with popped up for a great deal, I would definitely make the move.

Do you know of any other sonoma type homes being built in woodbury over the coming years?

Back