Home front view

zn3o76.jpg

Living Room

4j4xp1.jpg

California Room

2ztc402.jpg

Master Bedroom

Panda's willingness to pay : $650,000 ;D

Thanks, Panda. Wow, that that first picture with the stroller sitting on the pavement looks a little sad.

I'm curious about your location when snapping the first picture. If you recall, how far onto the paved motorcourt were you standing when you took the picture? Having visited Montecito, I'm guessing you must have been pretty close to the opposite edge of the pavement --- which would mean that once the homes on the other side are built you would have been essentially standing on their front step.

Just want people who have not visited Montecito to get an idea of the *closeness* to the neighbor opposite you on the motorcourt. Also, I hope people are imagining how this will look once they are filled. For instance, if I were your neighbor, I would leave my 8 passenger Honda Pilot right on the driveway at all times, b/c half the garage is used for storage....only one car fits. Imagine how claustrophobic this picture would look with a giant black Pilot taking up pretty much that entire driveway (and it would). Ouch.

Anyway, great pics. It's a nice house, except for the motorcourt part....

[quote author="Panda "]

2ztc402.jpg

Master Bedroom
[/quote]

FYI-That's not the Master - that's the secondary bedroom on the left.

Are the pictures being hosted somewhere? I can't see any of it. Maybe it's blocked by work's server or something.

[quote author="fe9000"]Are the pictures being hosted somewhere? I can't see any of it. Maybe it's blocked by work's server or something.[/quote]

The pics are hosted on tinypic.com

I am going to buy patio furniture stocks because sheeple are going to buy a lot them from Target, Home Depot, TJ Maxx Home Goods, and Lowes.

The best one are teak furniture with mortise and tenon connections. If you see screws then your crappy outdoor furnture will warp, split and last only several years at best. Avoid Target because the furniture there never last.

TIC hired the same landscape architect for the Pelican Resort to design only the models. The landscape and hardscape for the production units were executed by another firm much less competent than the model complex landscape architect. What you see at the models is not what you get. Just the backyard alone the landscape, hardscape, furnishing and accessories to convey that look cost about $80,000

Front door off an alley. An expensive house with Zero curb appeal. Greedy bastards should at least enhance the freakin asphalt driveway with some pavers. Give something back to the sheeple for robbing their herd food by not having a front yard and fencing them into a high density corral.

[quote author="ck"]T I hope people are imagining how this will look once they are filled. For instance, if I were your neighbor, I would leave my 8 passenger Honda Pilot right on the driveway at all times, b/c half the garage is used for storage....only one car fits. Imagine how claustrophobic this picture would look with a giant black Pilot taking up pretty much that entire driveway (and it would). Ouch.

Anyway, great pics. It's a nice house, except for the motorcourt part....[/quote]

If i were your neighbor i would politely warn you about leaving your car out there for any extended period of time, because next time you did, it would get towed.

My guess is "no parking" in the motorcourt will have to be strictly enforced somehow. Surprisingly when i was at woodbury place (alley loaded garages with no driveway) this was never an issue.

I'm curious, does the ground under the covered patio...errr california room come hardscaped (included in the price) or is that an extra cost?

[quote author="qwerty"]
[quote author="ck"]T I hope people are imagining how this will look once they are filled. For instance, if I were your neighbor, I would leave my 8 passenger Honda Pilot right on the driveway at all times, b/c half the garage is used for storage....only one car fits. Imagine how claustrophobic this picture would look with a giant black Pilot taking up pretty much that entire driveway (and it would). Ouch.

Anyway, great pics. It's a nice house, except for the motorcourt part....[/quote]

If i were your neighbor i would politely warn you about leaving your car out there for any extended period of time, because next time you did, it would get towed.

My guess is "no parking" in the motorcourt will have to be strictly enforced somehow. Surprisingly when i was at woodbury place (alley loaded garages with no driveway) this was never an issue. [/quote]

Oh...I didn't mean park on the motorcourt --- I was saying in the actual driveway. I hope they are allowing people to park in their own driveways? What I was saying, with the house so close to the street --- and the personal driveway the only real setback to give some separation ---- imagine how it will look when you get big SUV's taking up that space as well. The whole street scene will just look that much more congested.

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="qwerty"]

My guess is "no parking" in the motorcourt will have to be strictly enforced somehow. Surprisingly when i was at woodbury place (alley loaded garages with no driveway) this was never an issue. [/quote]

Oh...I didn't mean park on the motorcourt --- I was saying in the actual driveway. I hope they are allowing people to park in their own driveways? What I was saying, with the house so close to the street --- and the personal driveway the only real setback to give some separation ---- imagine how it will look when you get big SUV's taking up that space as well. The whole street scene will just look that much more congested.[/quote]

whoops! my bad. completely missed the driveway part, was thinking motorcourt. yeah im with you, while i guess the driveway length is up to code, it seems pretty short. I remember walking my dogs in woodbury and i would always have to walk around cars because the backend of the car was hanging out onto the sidewalk because otherwise the car would almost hit the garage door. the driveway we have now is what i would consider a "full" size driveway, i have plenty of space in front of the car and behind the car.

So where are you supposed to park when you are hosting a party? Is there some parking lot nearby?

[quote author="ck"]
[quote author="qwerty"]

Oh...I didn't mean park on the motorcourt --- I was saying in the actual driveway. I hope they are allowing people to park in their own driveways? What I was saying, with the house so close to the street --- and the personal driveway the only real setback to give some separation ---- imagine how it will look when you get big SUV's taking up that space as well. The whole street scene will just look that much more congested.[/quote]

Sheeple will use their garage as storage and park both cars on the driveway. Since the garage is buried in the motorcourt and behind 2 cars. sheeple may even be daring enough to leaving the door open and let their kids play there.

The driveway is very tight in width to allow for a 90 degree turn to park the 2nd car. The street will be impacted with all the 2nd cars of each household.

CK, if you park your Honda van on the driveway and block the address sign next to the garage then would I be able to find your house since there is no sign by the front door?

I just can't get pass the front door. This is the worst front door experience that I have ever seen having been in this industry for 25 years.

I hope the future does not deteriorate from here. House like this will never reach $1 mil in future resale price with a front door looking like this.

Buyers will always have some pre-conceived expectation for a million $ entry.

[quote author="graceomalley"]I think it is only a 3' stoop and dirt. The concrete slab is an upgrade. Alex or Steve please shed light.[/quote]

The standard California rooms come with Concrete throughout the entire California room - at the models, however, it is with the herringbone brick.

[quote author="JoonB"]So where are you supposed to park when you are hosting a party? Is there some parking lot nearby? [/quote]

In front of the $1M Carmel houses.

A better location is coming. I have heard that TIC is proposing to place Montecito on the currently empty parcel in front of Woodbury Elementary on Great Lawn and Revival. A presentation was made to the neighborhood on Monday. 66 additional Montecito homes in a walled enclave right in the heart of the community.

[quote author="miesian"]A better location is coming. I have heard that TIC is proposing to place Montecito on the currently empty parcel in front of Woodbury Elementary on Great Lawn and Revival. A presentation was made to the neighborhood on Monday. 66 additional Montecito homes in a walled enclave right in the heart of the community. [/quote]

Good info Mr. Van der Rohe.

Back