Santa Cruz (Woodbury East) Experience w/ pics!

drewkawa

Well my wife and I went to the open houses on Sunday and had a nice time. We're not that familiar with the Woodbury & Woodbury East neighborhoods but we parked at the shopping center and took a bit of a walk and focused on Woodbury East.

We saw all of the Woodbury East Open houses and honestly we were only impressed with the Santa Cruz models. The others felt cheaply made, poorly laid out or generally did not have the "Wow, Id love to live there!" factor to it.

The Santa Cruz models have 3 different model types each of which from my limited experience are eye catching in a variety of different ways. Lets start off with the first one we walked into: Residence Three R Santa Cruz (Plan 3)

*All Santa Cruz Models have the following Community Overview

HOA: Woodbury East Community Assoc. : $134/ mo (approx)

Estimated Property taxes and Special Assessments
Base Property Tax: 1.05%
AD Tax: $1,100 yr.
CFD Tax: $1,700 yr.
Other Taxes: $149 yr.
Overall Effective Tax Rate: Approximately 1.5%

Plan 3
2283 Sq. Feet
3 bed plus Den, 2.5 bath.
Priced from $706,200

**All photos taken with Iphone, sorry if quality is poor

Outside Shot

NewPictures2009159.jpg

Entry Way Den

NewPictures2009193.jpg

Half Bath Next to Den

NewPictures2009165.jpg

The Great Room

NewPictures2009168.jpg

Great Room (sectioned off for more formal seating)

NewPictures2009162.jpg

Kitchen (direct)

NewPictures2009153.jpg

Kitchen (from Great Room)

NewPictures2009214.jpg

Leading out to the California Room

NewPictures2009200.jpg

California Room (Inside looking out)

NewPictures2009195.jpg

California Room (Outside looking in)

NewPictures2009157.jpg

More Images coming later....

thanks Drew... I know sooner or later when you look at models all day, they all start to blend together... but something about Santa Cruz really stood out for us... I can't for the life of me recall what Montecito or Carmel looked like, vaguely Coronado, but Santa Cruz I could see calling home...

your pictures look so dreamy, are you using the TIC lenses? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Ooo... nice post.

I haven't seen all the stuff at WBE (like Coronado) but I really liked the designs of the Santa Cruz (forgetting the whole garage/front door directly into motorcourt thing). They were suprisingly spacious and I liked how they did some of the master baths.

They missed an opportunity to cash-in on the Plan 3 by not making that downstairs den a bedroom option with a full bath instead of just the powder.

Great pics Drew... the iPhone was good enough... reminds me of my Sonoma threads.

It seems like a nice house; however, I have a problem with the Great Room. They put the placement of the couches so it looks less crowded- but that means TV placement is terrible for viewing (have to turn your head).

Let's add the floor plan via Deuce's site:

SantaCruzC2283.JPG

Although this is reverse from the model, you can certainly change those sofas to be a single big one in front of the island and side chairs, or a sectional that Ls next the the window to allow open space with the dining area into the living/family area.

Either way, the fireplaces are still too big (but I guess they need to be to heat the entire great room)... so the TV will be placed quite high (unless you get one of those fully articulating mounts that lets you lower the TV to below the top of the fireplace).

I'm not volunteering here, but does anyone else think we should set up a sticky thread for each of the new home communities --- similar to the way we used to do way back in the day at IHB? That would capture in one place the phase pricing and other key data for each community --- and serve to be the primary discussion point for that community. I think we already have informal threads started on Sonoma and Santa Cruz, in addition to what is in the 2010 Collection thread.

Below is an example of the IHB New Community master thread, as well as a community specific thread (Paloma).

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/403/

http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/38/

i used to live at Woodbury Place, the townhomes in woodbury and the exterior of this place looks just like it. I always assumed during the next bubble they would just sell woodbury place off as town homes.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Let's play... who can point out the differences?

1. Bigger master shower with a larger seat.[/quote]

Who is this Alex person? He or she knows every little details that is different from the previous plans such as a shower that is 4" smaller. What is amazing is there are over 30 plans and she always seem to spot the obsolete plans every time.

[quote author="Drew"]
Great Room (sectioned off for more formal seating)

NewPictures2009162.jpg

Leading out to the California Room

NewPictures2009200.jpg

California Room (Outside looking in)

NewPictures2009157.jpg

[/quote]

Um- I think you got some photos mixed up - the first photo shows the California Room with a french door, while the next one shows a sliding glass door to the Cali room. I visited Santa Cruz, and I believe Plan 3 had a sliding glass door.

[quote author="graceomalley"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Let's play... who can point out the differences?

1. Bigger master shower with a larger seat.[/quote]

Who is this Alex person? He or she knows every little details that is different from the previous plans such as a shower that is 4" smaller. What is amazing is there are over 30 plans and she always seem to spot the obsolete plans every time.[/quote]

Thanks BK - I am a he. Well, I have studied all the plans for a very long time, right when they were announced. I know a lot of the floorplans changed from when TIC first announced them - IrvineRealtor(Scott)'s site has the original floorplans. I know he updated Sonoma, but he didn't update Santa Cruz or Montecito (the only ones I have checked).

Thanks for the compliment.

[quote author="ajw522"]

Thanks BK - I am a he. Well, I have studied all the plans for a very long time, right when they were announced. I know a lot of the floorplans changed from when TIC first announced them - IrvineRealtor(Scott)'s site has the original floorplans. I know he updated Sonoma, but he didn't update Santa Cruz or Montecito (the only ones I have checked).

Thanks for the compliment.[/quote]

Nobody had notified me that they were changed. I will add the new plans and leave the originals up for comparison. (Tip: open both and toggle using [alt-tab] to see the changes).

Added: these changes will go up after LOST.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor"]Updated Santa Cruz and Montecitoplans are now included.

(the [alt-tab] trick works great on all revised vs. original plans except the Montecito Plan 1, where they changed from a 1 to a 1R.)

-IrvineRealtor[/quote]

I don't see the revised plans for Montecito.

EDIT - the new plans for Montecito are now on. Thanks Scott.

[quote author="ck"]I'm not volunteering here, but does anyone else think we should set up a sticky thread for each of the new home communities --- similar to the way we used to do way back in the day at IHB?[/quote]

YES YES YES!

Let's add other cities, all of OC!

I'm not volunteering either!

Does anyone know if any Santa Cruz homes are sold in Phase 4 yet? Or if any are leftover from Phase 3 at all?

I'm wondering what the demand is like...

[quote author="cameray"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Other than the exterior and motorcourt, I really liked the way they did Santa Cruz too.

The master showers were well-executed... better than Sonoma. [/quote]

Really? I think they could have done a better job especially on plans 1 and 3. IMO the showers are too large for only one measly shower head.
[/quote]
Depends on the size of the shower head. We have this huge rain shower one and it has pretty massive coverage.

1. Bigger master shower with a larger seat.

Bigger but not necessarily better?see above.[/quote]
Depends... remember... I'm bigger than the average bear.

Sometimes you want to step into the shower before getting wet so you can test the water. Other times, you may want to step away from the water to apply body wash, conditioner etc.

And well... sometimes you... uh... have company.

Just an FYI, I am sure most of you guys know this already, but Santa Cruz are considered DETACHED CONDOS. Just something to consider when evaluating future home value.

Back