The Irvine Co. is thrilled with response

cameray

The Irvine Co. sold 70 homes in its new Woodbury and Woodbury East development before the project's grand opening on today ? indicating the demand for new homes in Orange County exceeds its expectations, said Dan Young, a company president.

Before the first person walked through a new model home at 10 a.m., the Irvine Co. and its six building partners had sold all but one of the 71 "phase one" units to prequalified buyers for a total of $45 million.
kx35qx-b78600299z.120100130163554000grbm9315.1.jpg

A line of potential buyers (Sheeple) wait for one of the shuttle buses to carry them to the next development Saturday as the first new project to open in Irvine in three years, the Woodbury and Woodbury East 2010 New Home Collection had a steady flow of people looking at several model homes.

"The response has been tremendous," Young said.

Because of the success, another 56 homes were put on the market today. All together, 685 units will be sold in the new Woodbury and Woodbury East development.

More than 2,000 people visited model homes within the first three hours of the grand opening, and some potential buyers met with realtors and signed more housing contracts.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-231835--.html

Interesting. I talked to the sales person at Santa Rosa. She told me none of the homes in Santa Rosa are sold yet. They will start offer them after today. I asked her twice.

I know the same is true for Monterey. They have not even begun calling the people on the list. That process starts on Feb 2nd. I believe that is true for Santa cruz as well (not sure 100%).

[quote author="pete423"]Interesting. I talked to the sales person at Santa Rosa. She told me none of the homes in Santa Rosa are sold yet. They will start offer them after today. I asked her twice. [/quote]

[quote author="waitin4ever"]I know the same is true for Monterey. They have not even begun calling the people on the list. That process starts on Feb 2nd. I believe that is true for Santa cruz as well (not sure 100%).

[quote author="pete423"]Interesting. I talked to the sales person at Santa Rosa. She told me none of the homes in Santa Rosa are sold yet. They will start offer them after today. I asked her twice. [/quote][/quote]

No, Santa Cruz has already sold Phase 1. They are about to sell Phase 2 soon. I don't have the exact date.

I went to the model home tour today. Some models have not released phase 1 for sale, but already have a lot of interested buyers on the list. In other to get on the list you must be pre-qualified.

I also toured the cheapest condos. I think plan 2 on 2F with the super high ceiling was quite impressive. Considering the price and sq ft for the 1 bed + loft models (plan 1 and 2), I'd expect resale prices in Irvine to drop for similar type units.

Back