Snow Day - Great Park

roundcorners

With the Woodbury Collection grand opening, you think TIC would shut down all other city activities and just focus on the homes... but there is Snow Day at the Great Park...

Looks like a VERY busy Saturday...! Hum... get up... go get some freebies at the Palm Club, Go see some snow, see some homes, avoid crowd... set-up the Get Together, host, & go home...!

Looks like it's free with $8 parking! Alright who has the mini-van.. CK? IHO? We ALL might just have to pack it in after the GTG and head over to the snow slide...!

http://www.ocgp.org/
http://www.ocgp.org/2010/01/great-park-snow-day/
(I know what Asian guy, he goes to my church <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->)

No mini-van for me. Wife said she wasn't old enough for one. So we have a Pilot to do all the heavy Costco lifting.

I'll be up in Porter Ranch (SFV) on Saturday anyways, hanging out with the in-laws. That's as far away as I could get from Woodbury on opening day, while still staying in the LA/OC area. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[quote author="graceomalley"]Go check out Cortile in Porter Ranch and tell me what you think.[/quote]

We have already toured Cortile at least three times. Despite their small sq ft, Plan 3 and 4 are both very well thought out. Plan 4 in particular we have even considered purchasing last year when waffling back and forth on whether to stay in Irvine or move back out by the family. At $476k, it offers a lot --- including the option of a full bedroom downstairs. Great patio size as well, much better patio size than the detached condo 4 and 6 packs in Irvine. No mello-roos is nice, too. If I bought Plan 4 I would finish off the garage stall that opens across from the downstairs bedroom, and convert it into a combo adult office/kid study room.

We have toured the Meadows many times as well. Plan 1 at 2,3xx sq ft and available for probably $650k after incentives is starting to get very, very tempting.

This one is on our list to check out over the weekend. 7,400 sq ft yard!:

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Porter-Ranch/11560-Apulia-Ct-91326/home/12281921

Can you tell we still consider moving back to Porter Ranch, when the prices in Irvine keep frustrating us?

[quote author="roundcorners"]Isn't Porter Ranch where the FCBs of the SFV live?[/quote]

You could say that.

We want to do the snow day thing but we can't decide... get crushed by people who never saw snow before... or get crushed by people who never saw new homes in Irvine before.

RC: Do I go to your church? That guy looks a lot like me.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]We want to do the snow day thing but we can't decide... get crushed by people who never saw snow before... or get crushed by people who never saw new homes in Irvine before.

RC: Do I go to your church? That guy looks a lot like me.[/quote]

that is too funny... I love introducing long lost twins (people I know who look similar)...

he also reminds me of an Asian Peter...
family_guy_peter_griffin.jpg

We went to the Snow Day today and it was ridiculous. Sand Canyon was completely clogged up with traffic (this was around noon) and it took forever to even get into the park. The "snow play" area was tiny - like postage stamp size - and crammed with a zillion kids. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. Anyone else go?

[quote author="traceimage"]We went to the Snow Day today and it was ridiculous. Sand Canyon was completely clogged up with traffic (this was around noon) and it took forever to even get into the park. The "snow play" area was tiny - like postage stamp size - and crammed with a zillion kids. I couldn't believe how many people showed up.[/quote]
kx36hm-b78598934z.120100130165127000grbm92il.1.jpg

People mill about on one of three snow patches, made from 100 tons of ice, during the Great Park's Snow Day Saturday in Irvine.

No Kidding!

Back