Another Irvine High teen dies in car crash

Irvineshopper

This is really bothering me.  I just heard that another teen died in a car crash near Santiago and Silverado.  Speeding and alcohol was involved.  Six were injured and one dead.  It wasn't that long ago that 4 teens from IHS died when the speeding car split in two on Jamboree.  My son is 9 years old and it won't be long before he is in high school.  I'm scared.  What can we do to prevent this?  I know this happens all the time, but I am hypersensitive now as my kids get older.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...e-high-student-death-silverado-223100771.html

All parents have this fear... and unless you lock your kids up like I do (just kidding), we'll have to do our best to instill values and responsibility into them so that they don't get into those kind of situations.

The other problem is we can't do that for their friends, and they choose them, not us... even with that incident with the 4 teens from IHS, the parents were adamant about meeting whoever was driving and unfortunately, tragedy still struck.

We just need to do what we can and hope for the best. I'm sure my parents are surprised I made it this far. :)

I just heard about it this morning...really sad of course and even more tragic that it involved an IHS student considering what happened over the summer.

@IHO, I completely agree about the concern.  I was watching Wonder Years on Netflix the other day and there was an episode entitled "Daddy's Little Girl" where the father and daughter gets into these giant fights.  The part that really got to me was how they showed the daughter being so close to the father as a kid...my daughter is a daddy's girl right now but I wonder what it will be like in 10 years  :'(

Wow, Irvine High is a mess.  7 people crammed into a swerving Civic.  Someone should have told that driver this isn't Mexico.  Bet he lived in affordable housing or otherwise wouldn't even be in Irvine.  That's MULTICULTURALISM for ya!

Back