The "Scott" heard around the world

Not likely. Webb is already saying to wait till he is in

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0110/On_to_Plan_C.html

Senator Jim Webb puts out a statement that puts the notion of a quick Senate vote out of reach and pretty much makes a certification fight moot:

In many ways the campaign in Massachusetts became a referendum not only on health care reform but also on the openness and integrity of our government process. It is vital that we restore the respect of the American people in our system of government and in our leaders. To that end, I believe it would only be fair and prudent that we suspend further votes on health care legislation until Senator-elect Brown is seated.

Markets will probably rally tomorrow on this

Thanks for the link.

While I find it interesting, Jim Webb != Harry Reid.

And I think that Reid, Pelosi, and Obama are naive enough to think that what just happened in Massachusetts was the result of a truly horrid candidate, and not a referendum on where they are trying to take the country.

Tornado's in Southern California and a Republican taking Teddy's seat. Jeez, what's going to happen today??!!

I heard some analysis yesterday that this may actually help the tone deaf Democrats in congress, in that they have a preview of what could happen in November if they don't start listening to the people. I know the Clinton administration was caught totally off guard in Nov 1994 --- they didn't have the benefit of a special election in January to give them a sense of where the heads of the voters were. If a Republican being elected in Massachusetts isn't a wake up to Harry and Nancy, I suppose nothing will be.

Back