Great Park: William Lyon - Whistler

Arman

Here are the photos I managed to snap tonight of William Lyon Homes' Whistler neighborhood at Pavilion Park. The first three are of Plan 1, the next two are of Plan 2, and the final is of Plan 3.

IMG_7718_zpsa58f650e.jpg

IMG_7717_zps945de59d.jpg

IMG_7716_zps88722a7b.jpg

IMG_7715_zps9ab77841.jpg

IMG_7713_zps0ba7daed.jpg

IMG_7711_zps7bc2d348.jpg

Tyler Durden said:
aquabliss said:
Nice pics NYT... that Plan 1 looks like it belongs in John's Creek.  Coincidence?  I think not!

Actually in the south, any home that has an exterior like that is either a starter homer ($100-$150K)or a mid-level upgrade ($200-$300K).  No intelligent person would pay a premium for vinyl or fiberboard when they could get an all brick or stone home (when you are talking $400-$500K).

Agreed. I hate vinyl. Though in this case they made it not so bad since it's not the entire side of a house like this:

Attachments

• Chicago-Vinyl-Siding.jpg
    Chicago-Vinyl-Siding.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 357
How are they going to fit over 4,800 detached homes on this Pavillion Park site?  are the lots all 3,500 sq. ft?

Looks good.
I wonder if they moved the staircase in the brick front house. In Pasadena, there are homes like this that many people will not buy because the staircase goes straight into the front door. Wonder what lies behind the door in the middle of the house.

Thanks!

ak said:
How are they going to fit over 4,800 detached homes on this Pavillion Park site?  are the lots all 3,500 sq. ft?

They aren't. All of the models will be together but the homes themselves will be spread out over a much larger area.

Has any one on this forum purchased in Whistler or is interested in purchasing?  We purchased a plan 3 and would be interested in exchanging ideas about upgrades etc.

gld2 said:
why do you choose plan 3?  comparing with other models,  its prices are not competitive.

Are you talking about different models from William lyon or models from different builders? Any examples?

gld2 said:
different builders.  Lenner, shea homes and Tylor morrison

Taylor morrison has smaller homes compared to whistler residence 3.  Their largest plan 3 (phase 1) was ~334 (I believe it is higher for later phases and they were sold out on the phase 1 even before the opening day)
Lennar beachwood residence 3 is $340 per sq ft.
Lennar Rosemist residence 2 (did not see the prices on residence 1 as it is sold out) is $342 per sq ft.

Sagewood plan 1 is $381 per sq ft but has large lot (6400 sq ft). Sagewood plan 2 is $355 per sq ft for same lot size.

Whistler plan 3 we purchased was is $339 per sq ft.
Whistler's some of the other residences are a bit higher but they also include several upgrades and larger lot sizes (esp compared to Taylor Morrison).

So, I think that they are pretty comparable to other builder houses.  It all boils down to what the individual preferences and needs are.

ak said:
Pavilion Park is just 700+ homes. The rest will be in the different hoods. Not sure if the same models will be available in each area.

The various plans that are close to 2900 square feet between Sagewood (Shea), Rosemist (Lennar, and Whistler (Lyon) differ by over $100k.  Granted some have bigger lots, i.e. Sagewood or 1 more bedroom i.e. Whistler, or a 2nd Master Bedroom on the 1st floor i.e. Rosemist.  So given the differences which are easy to see now since all the models are layed out and easy to visit.  How will these current price differences appear 5 years or 10 years from now relative to each other?  Will they begin to converge once the community matures?

Another question, what do folks thing is the best locations for a community in Pavilion Park?  Rosemist for example has nice homes but they are very far from the park.  Whistler at least on one edge is next 133 fwy.  Sagewood is in 2 different locations, do folks prefer the one closer to the park?

I am looking to purchase in this community so interested in the opinions of all the very knowledgeable folks on the board.  Thanks.

Back