Author Topic: Indian Food.  (Read 5233 times)

Offline woodburyowner

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 66
  • -Received: 143
Re: Indian Food.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
Traditions in Tustin is also very good.  Make sure you order off the menu.  Don't bother with the buffet.  The quality has gone down lately.

Offline LiefinIrvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 9
  • -Received: 5
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 08:40:02 AM »
If you want to try an authentic West Indian Gujarati Food, you can try Rajdhani(http://www.yelp.com/biz/rajdhani-artesia).

Very different from the normal indian restaurant, as it's an Indian Dim Sum Style Place. Pure Vegetarian and no hassle of ordering food. They serve only one type of  thali( a pre fixed menu, with unlimited food). No hassle of going back and forth to buffet table as they serve everything on your table :)

Yes, its not in irvine/tustin, but worth a visit once in a while. For 14$ , little expensive, but well worth IMO.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline bitmaster20

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 51
  • -Received: 28
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »

Just found out from a friend yesterday that they will only be closing the dining area. They will still be selling food to go :)

Offline Coleman

• Custom User Title
  • O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 104
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »
If you want to try an authentic West Indian Gujarati Food, you can try Rajdhani(http://www.yelp.com/biz/rajdhani-artesia).

Very different from the normal indian restaurant, as it's an Indian Dim Sum Style Place. Pure Vegetarian and no hassle of ordering food. They serve only one type of  thali( a pre fixed menu, with unlimited food). No hassle of going back and forth to buffet table as they serve everything on your table :)

Yes, its not in irvine/tustin, but worth a visit once in a while. For 14$ , little expensive, but well worth IMO.

Pioneer street is always a good place to get Indian.  I will have to try Gujarati as I am in Cerritos weekly visiting family.

Offline momopi

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 740
  • -Received: 422
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
^^;;  my first job in High School was pushing shopping carts for Diho supermarket at Pioneer and 183rd.

Ah, the good old days of cheap $1.xx XL sized masala dosa.

Offline Coleman

• Custom User Title
  • O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 104
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
^^;;  my first job in High School was pushing shopping carts for Diho supermarket at Pioneer and 183rd.

Haha!  Sad to see that place close down.  Must have been hard when 99 Ranch opened up.
What HS did you go to?

Offline momopi

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 11:27:36 AM »
Haha!  Sad to see that place close down.  Must have been hard when 99 Ranch opened up.
What HS did you go to?

Diho market in Artesia was effectively gone by early 90's, when it was sold to the owner of Hua-Wong market on South St.  The new owner could not compete with Ranch 99 and the couple newer Filipino markets that opened in the area.  There were negotiations to sell it to Indian grocers but the deal never went through.

I went to Artesia HS in Lakewood with Ed O'Bannon, if anyone still remember him from UCLA or NBA games.

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
What HS did you go to?

Diho market in Artesia was effectively gone by early 90's, when it was sold to the owner of Hua-Wong market on South St.  The new owner could not compete with Ranch 99 and the couple newer Filipino markets that opened in the area.  There were negotiations to sell it to Indian grocers but the deal never went through.

I went to Artesia HS in Lakewood with Ed O'Bannon, if anyone still remember him from UCLA or NBA games.

Ed and Charles right?

All I remember from Artesia HS was Jason Kapono dunking on me.  I was a freshmen on Varsity and I think he was a Junior on Varsity.  Homie cuts back door on my center and I was caught helping... His size 12's were on my forehead as he threw it down... I got up, shook his hand and said "That was badass man!"...   
#FARM

Online irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2521
  • -Received: 3866
  • 3CWG
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »
You got dunked on by Jason Kapono? Wish I could have seen that.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 02:31:58 PM »
You got dunked on by Jason Kapono? Wish I could have seen that.

Yep!  Freaking shook his hand and told me Congrats LOL... That guy was a celeb in high school.  I was watching him during shootaround... dude would not miss a shot!
#FARM

Online irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2521
  • -Received: 3866
  • 3CWG
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
Yes... I think Lin can dunk... Homie dunks Donut Star donuts... or used too.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
Yes... I think Lin can dunk... Homie dunks Donut Star donuts... or used too.

Lin can't dunk... Lin 2.0 can!

#FARM

Offline momopi

• Thanks
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
What HS did you go to?

Ed and Charles right?

All I remember from Artesia HS was Jason Kapono dunking on me.  I was a freshmen on Varsity and I think he was a Junior on Varsity.  Homie cuts back door on my center and I was caught helping... His size 12's were on my forehead as he threw it down... I got up, shook his hand and said "That was badass man!"...   

Charles is the younger brother who came in as the freshman as I was graduating.  I had classes with Ed but not his bother.  After his basketball career he moved to Vegas and worked at a car dealership, so you could go say hi and buy a car from him.  hehehehe.

I used to live just east of the baseball field, and my wife lived just west of the school parking lot.  If you went to AHS, we probably had the same teachers (Stonebreaker, Bronkhurst, Hardenrbook, etc).

Offline Cubic Zirconia

• Thanks
  • -Given: 749
  • -Received: 297
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 03:16:50 PM »
I have no clue where this thread is going, but back to the original question..
Annapurna and India Cook house get my +1. I am not a big fan of eateries. We had a very bad experience. I shared it somewhere on TI.. If you like Dosas/ South Indian food, try Tirupati Bhima's in Artesia. Parking is easier than Rajdhani.

I framed the pre-qualification letter and posted it at a conspicuous place under adequate lighting so that a guest with normal vision can see it and express substantial jealousy.

Offline momopi

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 03:19:42 PM »

Went to Vishnu today after many months.  Due to COVID-19 they cannot do buffet, so they are now selling take-outs, $12 for weekdays and $15 for weekends.  For $12 you get enough food for 2 meals.  @_@  Lots of rice, 2 dishes, samosa, chutney, naan, rice pudding.  Generous portions.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/vishnu-irvine

Clay Oven is also offering take-outs at lunch and dinner, but discontinued their lunch specials.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by fly
[Today at 09:12:42 PM]

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by Irvine9
[Today at 08:59:37 PM]

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by fly
[Today at 08:19:10 PM]

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by Irvinehomeseeker