I have one. Would you use it if you also had one.

sgip

Picked up a low watt cell phone jammer via the intarwebs last year. I've used in every so often like when one of the Mommies is yapping instead of writing out her check at Vons while I stand behind waiting. Yes, I've also brought it to the movies with me on an as needed basis. It's got about a 7-10 ft radius and doesn't work on all phones. A fun little secret toy that helps me sharpen my internal daily evil grin.

Am I a bad person because of this?

Would you use one if you had it? Didn't want to set up a poll but curious what opins are out there.

Cheers,

I Googled it, then went through the various reviews of sites that sell them. I think it was dealextreme.com but YMMV with them.

The unit came from HK due to certain killjoys that don't allow such things here in the United States. Just remember you are buying something from overseas that isn't always as secure as you'd think it would be. You're not buying from Vito the Legbreaker in some cross town alleyway, but it isn't coming from Amazon.com either. If you shuttle back and forth from there perhaps someone can bring one over. I'd hate to have HS ask me what it is though as I re-enter the US.

They make more powerful units which, if I had the funds, I'd buy.

I would consider using it if I saw someone on the phone while driving. But then that person's confusion over losing signal would distract them from driving and make it all worse. Hmm.

[quote author="caycifish"]I would consider using it if I saw someone on the phone while driving. But then that person's confusion over losing signal would distract them from driving and make it all worse. Hmm.
[/quote]
Oh yeah... that would be the best use.

I get so irritated when people drive slow or don't take their turn correctly at stop signs because they are on their phone. I sometimes roll down the window and yell at them "Get a headset!" or "Cell phone law!".

Having that device would be awesome because I would just follow them around for a while, jamming their signal and pissing them off.

EDIT: Exalted!

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People"]Picked up a low watt cell phone jammer via the intarwebs last year. I've used in every so often like when one of the Mommies is yapping instead of writing out her check at Vons while I stand behind waiting. Yes, I've also brought it to the movies with me on an as needed basis. It's got about a 7-10 ft radius and doesn't work on all phones. A fun little secret toy that helps me sharpen my internal daily evil grin.

Am I a bad person because of this?

Would you use one if you had it? Didn't want to set up a poll but curious what opins are out there.

Cheers, [/quote]
Damnit SGIP, did you throw one of those things into the Woodbridge condo that I live at because for the life of me I get almost no reception inside. <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

I would absolutely use one.... with great glee! The worst recent example - we were travelling by Amtrak back from San Diego (beautiful trip, BTW...) and had to switch cars because some 20 something girl would not stop talking on her phone, about her bar pickups, working as a stripper, etc. etc. (I have to admit, we did walk by her to assess the "stripper potential" - she was either lying, or never made much money at it...)

I looked into this a few years ago. As you mention, it's not allowed here for regular consumers. I've always wanted to jam idiots that were blathering and annoying people around them (like me). I've also thought about jamming jerks on the roads too, but the thought of them crashing into others also crossed my mind. I would definitely use it in places where I knew no one would get hurt.

I would use it in a heartbeat.

To me the most iritating cell phone user is the one that talks while in line trying to cash out.

Starbucks or any fast food restaruant. They make a big production.

"Oh hold on......Can I get a triple soy big jerk latte"

Name please

"Oh Hold on...just put Big Jerk on the cup"

Then they forget that they will need to pay because they are talking.

"Oh hold on....(fumbiling in pockest because one hand is on the phone)...here is my card"

So a normal 2 minute transaction takes five and they are freaking talking about how their dog crapped a funny color today!!!!!!!

- NO I have never used one...
- NO I don't know how to design one [that jams ALL units, Cell, PDMA and GSM, radio, CB and other frequencies]
- NO I don't know the tactics to use them...

Ohh this is where i used to work and make lovely lovely toys.

http://www.syndetix.com/products/shield.html

http://www.syndetix.com/imgdesc/wicd.html

Just as a side, you want to get as close to a cell phone tower with one of those beauties [ but it has to be fairly powerful to get any results] :-X

Back