Author Topic: Recommendations for landscaping companies  (Read 132311 times)

Offline akap

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 2
Recommendations for landscaping companies
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:49:08 PM »
Hi all,

Its time for us to find a landscaping company to get our yard completed.  If you have recommendations of professional companies who you have used, I would to hear about them.  We aren't planning on doing anything outrageous but would be interested in finding out what types of features you requested and the quotes you received for the work.

Thank you all.

Offline Diane-GP

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
  • Love what pavers can do to enhance yards!
    • Go Pavers
Re: Recommendations for landscaping companies
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 12:10:34 PM »
If you are interested in the hardscape end of the yard, Go Pavers can help:
http://www.gopavers.com/

And, if you are over in the Newport Beach area, a trip to Rogers Gardens might yield recommendations on local landscape contractors that they recommend:
http://rogersgardens.com/

Enjoy designing!
Perfection In Paving Stones

Offline JasonTheArtist

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 34
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 11:02:45 AM »
Seems to me that allot of people in Stonegate are using Aloha Landscapers. I tried looking them up and couldn't find anything. Has anyone on this forum used these guys for their landscaping needs? I would love to get someones opinion before I call them up.
“Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous."

Offline NYT

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 86
  • -Received: 158
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:02:27 PM »
Having gone the landscape architect route this time, I'd highly recommend getting an architect to design and a contractor to carry out the design. It's an extra chunk of money, but it'll get you a much better end result.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline abcd1234

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 55
  • -Received: 38
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »
I agree with NYT.  We went with a landscape architect for the overall vision/plans.  He then recommended several contractors for the hardscape.  When it came time for plant selection, I hired a a third person, a master gardener, to select waterwise trees/landscaping.  The landscape architect was not cheap- but totally worth the money for really good blueprints and a great custom design. 

Offline JasonTheArtist

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 34
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Did any one of you use Roger's Gardens for the initial design? Or do you have any other recommendations?
“Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous."

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2781
  • -Received: 1858
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »
Jason - I used alohA, I would recommend them. They did a decent amount of homes at Augusta in Columbus square. Mahe and his brother run the company.

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 582
  • -Received: 1073
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »
Having gone the landscape architect route this time, I'd highly recommend getting an architect to design and a contractor to carry out the design. It's an extra chunk of money, but it'll get you a much better end result.

Can you recommend the landscape architect?  Thanks

Offline broda

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 78
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »
anyone have Aloha's phone number?

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2781
  • -Received: 1858
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »

714-404-5657  that is Mahe's number, the "he" in is name is pronounced as if you were saying "hello" without the "llo"

Offline NYT

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 86
  • -Received: 158
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 05:37:11 PM »

Can you recommend the landscape architect?  Thanks

We used Warwick Hunt from Studio H.

http://studioh-inc.com

Very satisfied with his work.

Offline broda

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »

714-404-5657  that is Mahe's number, the "he" in is name is pronounced as if you were saying "hello" without the "llo"

He seemed confused that I called him on this number.  But when I said I got it from a neighbor to get a quote from him he perked up.  HAHA.

vonwrede

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »
I used Resort Style Backyards for my backyard.  They do a lot of new homes and take it from just dirt to a backyard oasis.  The contractors were very professional and they have a guaranteed finish date.  I've referred a few people and everyone loves them not including the "friends of clients" discount they passed along to my friends.  Tell them Philip referred you.  Check out  http://ResortStyleBackyards.com to see their pics.  Also the number is  949-306-5347
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:00:00 PM by vonwrede »

Tyler Durden

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 06:17:23 PM »
I used Land Reform Construction for my backyard.  They do a lot of new homes and take it from just dirt to a backyard oasis.  Kendall (owner) is always really fast and they have a guaranteed finish date, if they don't finish on time they will pay you per day that its not finished.  I've referred a few people and everyone loves them not including the "friends of clients" discount they passed along to my friends.  Tell them Philip referred you.  Check out  http://landreformconstruction.com to see their pics.  Also the number is  949-433-6545.

How much did you spend?

Offline broda

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 12:23:51 PM »
I used Land Reform Construction for my backyard.  They do a lot of new homes and take it from just dirt to a backyard oasis.  Kendall (owner) is always really fast and they have a guaranteed finish date, if they don't finish on time they will pay you per day that its not finished.  I've referred a few people and everyone loves them not including the "friends of clients" discount they passed along to my friends.  Tell them Philip referred you.  Check out  http://landreformconstruction.com to see their pics.  Also the number is  949-433-6545.

+1 on that... he did the work on my home as well.  I can't speak more highly of a contractor that i have used so far.  I would totally recommend him to anyone.  It's hard to find honest contractors... so i have no qualms with putting my rep on the line to refer someone that does great work.

The key here:

1. doesn't use subcontractors
2. has worker's compensation for his guys
3. doesn't work on weekends - so you have a break from the noise and folks over at  your place.
4. you pay for the materials directly to the supplier - so you have transparency into the costs and know what you are paying for
5. provides a construction schedule with delivery dates and costs for key milestones.

how are their prices compared to like Aloha?

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal