Pedestrian Bridge over Jeffrey Open Space Trail??

ak

Does anyone know if there will be a Pedestrian Bridge over Jeffrey Open Space Trail??  I drive by it everyday and it looks like there might actually be potentially 2 of them. 

I am aware of one under construction that will span Trabuco on the Jeffrey side linking Woodbury and Cypress Village/ Jeffrey Trail Middle School.

There will be a total of 4 north of the 5 fwy; one over Portola connecting Stonegate to a new sports complex, one over Irvine Blvd. connecting Stonegate to Woodbury, one over Trabuco connecting Woodbury to CV, and one over the CV entrance.

That's gonna be awesome!! It'll be a lot safer for kids to cross over the pedestrian bridge then cross at those large intersections!

JasonTheArtist said:
There will be a total of 4 north of the 5 fwy; one over Portola connecting Stonegate to a new sports complex, one over Irvine Blvd. connecting Stonegate to Woodbury, one over Trabuco connecting Woodbury to CV, and one over the CV entrance.
@JasonTheArtist - Do you possibly have an artist rendering of these bridges or a weblink to the plans?  Thanks.

I just hope they make it look nice and keep it clean... Usually these bridges cheapen the look of the community, especially when they are around schools because they enclose them with metal grates normally.

irvinehomeowner said:
It's going to be like Vegas.

Moving sidewalks, coming to a village near you!

100_4597.jpg

aquabliss said:
I just hope they make it look nice and keep it clean... Usually these bridges cheapen the look of the community, especially when they are around schools because they enclose them with metal grates normally.

Like these?

194745_268508049839480_214037014_o.jpg

test said:
aquabliss said:

Like these?

Nice bridges! Doubt TIC/city of Irvine would spend that kind of $$$$ to make the bridges look that nice--especially if they are building 4 of them.

There are already examples of pedestrian bridges in Woodbridge and Oak Creek. I would assume these new bridges will likely be a similar scale and aesthetic.

ak said:
JasonTheArtist said:
@JasonTheArtist - Do you possibly have an artist rendering of these bridges or a weblink to the plans?  Thanks.

I don't. I've been keeping my eye out and the only thing I was able to find was the old plan to build a bridge over Jeffery to connect JOST to Venta Spur Trail. That plan was cock-blocked by local residents because they didn't want anyone peering into there backyards full of weeds and trash. Would have been nice.

JasonTheArtist said:

Also one over the 5 itself similar to the one over the 405.

JasonTheArtist said:
gld2 said:
what /where is"a new sports complex"?

On the corner of Jeffery and Portola sandwiched between Jeffery and the Bower Landfill entrance. It should add some nice greenery to that side of the hill.
@Jason - Where would I be able to see plans of these things?  Thanks.

test said:
JasonTheArtist said:

Also one over the 5 itself similar to the one over the 405.

It is not overpass, but JOST goes underpass 5.

I see a ramp or little hill on the corners of Jeffrey and Irvine, one on SG and one on WB.
I figure that the ramps will be used to span the pedestrian bridge, instead of ugly metal stairs.

Back