Shady Canyon pass throughs

test

Recently there has been a rise in occurrences of non-resident vehicles using Shady Canyon Drive as a short cut. The access gate software has the ability to identify these vehicles and the gatehouse attendants have been stopping them. Please be aware and ask any guest or contractor you have issued access to Shady Canyon to refrain from this activity. Vehicles will continue to be stopped and repeat offenders may result in restricted or loss of access. Please address any concerns or comments to your Community Manager

Is this community just poorly planned?  A gated community should have its entrance off of the main road not completely block it.  Imagine if Laguna Altura cut off Laguna Canyon Rd.  Glad I don't have that problem.

access to that road will save us about 15 miles a day on our daily trip from QH to Uni High.

it surely does feel like they have blocked the road.  @!$

Same feeling here.  The Shady Canyon blocks the only way around that area.  I hate that!  People should found ways to get "around" that.

I don't mind it, they paid quite a bit for those homes, that road should be theirs.

What's that test quote? "Keeps the riff-raff out."

irvinehomeowner said:
What's that test quote? "Keeps the riff-raff out."

Except it doesn't, now they're driving through your neighborhood!  In a normal gated community they drive by not drive through.

The lack of this pass through, on what was created as a public thoroughfare, is an access right issue.  Access to either the gated communities or the golf course is NOT public access issue, I don't object to those specific gated accesses.  However, Shady Canyon Drive also allows passage through a beautiful hiking area and by gating what should be a public road itself makes accessing the Irvine Open Spaces accessible from it more difficult as well as the now long commute as another person posted, taking kids to school now takes longer.  What was the land accessible to everyone in OC is increasingly being bought up and closed off to free access.  It should also be noted that many times gated communities - although general through traffic is reduced - are even GREATER targets for thieves NOT LESS.[/size]

I think the pass through should have built with snicker bars and gingerbread.  The concrete monstrosity that was approved by the council of Purdue will only make the wait for the diving board in the community pool that much longer.  Wait until the Hidden Canyon HOA hear about this.  I?m sure they will cancel the Christmas party and request a renewal of citizens burrito memberships post haste.  That?s kind all I have to say about that.

Back