Sonoma: Plan 3 - 2627sf 4br/2.75ba

irvinehomeowner

Plan 3s start at $853,500.

Plan 1 photos: http://www.talkirvine.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=irvinere&thread=425
Plan 2 photos: http://www.talkirvine.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=irvinere&thread=426

Plan 3 Floorplan:
httptx.jpg

(modified to use Alex's updated plan)

This was the only model that had the same layout as the flooplan.

Exterior:
nlsait.jpg

Great Room/Kitchen/Dining
8wh99d.jpg

2zny98i.jpg

b5fz9f.jpg

295fsbr.jpg

f42y2p.jpg

California Room:
2rq0oiu.jpg

2i70qh0.jpg

Stairs:
116qb5v.jpg

Bedroom 4/Bath 3:
2wg5hmx.jpg

izu8i1.jpg

23msmrs.jpg

Master Bedroom/Bath:
2cput69.jpg

2n7mu87.jpg

bfjg50.jpg

w6rx20.jpg

2cork9t.jpg

And the rest:
ejdids.jpg

2daxhkl.jpg

svh315.jpg

We were in a bit of a hurry touring Plan 3 so I didn't get a picture of the loft (there were people sitting in it) or the upstairs bathroom.

Again, the upstairs felt a bit smaller than the Plan 1.

Scott's Floorplans are outdated - TIC changed them after he got this floorplan. Thanks for the pictures though! They are great.

Thanks Alex. I remember when I first saw those floorplans I was hoping they would get rid of that triangular island and they did.

I didn't even realize that until you posted this update.

It's much better the new way.

[quote author="ajw522"]No problem! Glad I could help. Thanks again for the photos.[/quote]

Thank you for noting the update. I have added these on my site to reflect the new layouts, and kept the previous plans for comparison.
-IrvineRealtor

Alex,

You are sharp! I studied Irvinehomeowner's posted plans for 30 minutes and could not notice the differences between photos and plans.

The pantry, island and the thicken wall at the bedroom has the slight deviations. There are so many floor plans in the 2010 collection like over 20 having the same great room/California Room formula and you are able to spot the changes from the posted plans. After previewing several homes they all begin to look the same to me. Bravo! you have excellent observation and especially when you are interested in Montecito and also know so much about the other homes. Are the other Sonoma plans correct?

[quote author="irvinehomeshopper"]Alex,

You are sharp! I studied Irvinehomeowner's posted plans for 30 minutes and could not notice the differences between photos and plans.

The pantry, island and the thicken wall at the bedroom has the slight deviations. There are so many floor plans in the 2010 collection like over 20 having the same great room/California Room formula and you are able to spot the changes from the posted plans. After previewing several homes they all begin to look the same to me. Bravo! you have excellent observation and especially when you are interested in Montecito and also know so much about the other homes. Are the other Sonoma plans correct? [/quote]

Thank you IHS! I appreciate it! Yes, I have updated the other Sonoma plans as well!

I've modified the original post to reflect the updated plan (I'm using your link Alex... thanks).

It was fun to look for the differences (I don't know how many of you subscribe to People magazine or used to read Highlights as a kid). Adding the walk-in pantry was a good move considering both Plans 1 and 2 had them.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I've modified the original post to reflect the updated plan (I'm using your link Alex... thanks).

It was fun to look for the differences (I don't know how many of you subscribe to People magazine or used to read Highlights as a kid). Adding the walk-in pantry was a good move considering both Plans 1 and 2 had them.[/quote]

Thanks! My post has been deleted.

2i70qh0.jpg

That is the California Room? ROFL!

You don't want to be converting that into anything other than a covered patio, which is the appropriate name.

It's looks small in the picture, but is pretty sizeable IRL.

Because of the way Plan 3 is configured, I would leave it as a CalRoom because when converted to a Conservatory Room, you will have problems placing funiture in the Great Room.

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Woodbury-Floorplan.aspx?type=home&Id=181

Use the link to choose the Conservatory Room option and you'll see what I mean. Also, by choosing the ConRoom, you end up enclosing the Dining Area. Maybe the floorplan is wrong and the open access would be off the Dining Area which would make more sense to me.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]It's looks small in the picture, but is pretty sizeable IRL.

Because of the way Plan 3 is configured, I would leave it as a CalRoom because when converted to a Conservatory Room, you will have problems placing funiture in the Great Room.

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Woodbury-Floorplan.aspx?type=home&Id=181

Use the link to choose the Conservatory Room option and you'll see what I mean. Also, by choosing the ConRoom, you end up enclosing the Dining Area. Maybe the floorplan is wrong and the open access would be off the Dining Area which would make more sense to me.[/quote]

I don't think they have enough backyard to accommodate a CR off the Plan 3 dining room. I agree that would be more useful.

What I meant was put the opening to the Conservatory Room in the dining area and probably only use a half wall or some type of windowed partition separating it from the Great Room.

If you look at pictures 2 and 3, you will see a striped couch in front of the window facing the CaliRoom. If you remove that entire wall (based on the ConvRoom option) you have no place to put that couch other than in the ConvRoom (making it too far away) or in the middle of the Great Room (cutting down on the open feeling).

Unless you use that couch as the room partition but I still think there should be some opening between the dining room and the ConvRoom.

Sonoma Plan 3 was my favorite floorplan online, followed by Carmel's plan 3. Well, I must say that I've been disappointed. The California room isn't anything near what I was expecting.

Actually, I'm glad as I won't rush into buying a home in 2010.

[quote author="mogul"]Sonoma Plan 3 was my favorite floorplan online, followed by Carmel's plan 3. Well, I must say that I've been disappointed. The California room isn't anything near what I was expecting.

Actually, I'm glad as I won't rush into buying a home in 2010.[/quote]

After watching the innovation video I am convinced that TIC is the master of packaging and marketing. TIC could convince the blinds to buy contact lenses and sell homes to the communists.

I guess TIC spent the entire budget on advertising the California Room and ran out of money to furnishing it. It is a desolate space. If it looks this bad in the model homes then the production units are going to be many notches down.

[quote author="graceomalley"]
After watching the innovation video I am convinced that TIC is the master of packaging and marketing. TIC could convince the blinds to buy contact lenses and sell homes to the communists.

I guess TIC spent the entire budget on advertising the California Room and ran out of money to furnishing it. It is a desolate space. If it looks this bad in the model homes then the production units are going to be many notches down.[/quote]

I agree completely. The space is called a ROOM but they leave it looking like a patio.

For Sonoma, I would leave the california room in plan 3. A conservatory would wall off the dinning room as stated earlier. In plan 2, however, the conservatory adds a place for a dinning table and expands the great room. this set up makes the great room feel bigger in plan 2 than in plan 3. But in plan 3 you get a loft (for what that's worth)

In my mind, the loft is a nice thing to have so children have their own space. However, the loft is directly accross the master bedroom which is highly undesirable. Myabe it works with really young children, but I wouldn't want my teenagers watching TV all night right next to my bedroom.

I agree that TIC should furnish the Cali Rooms a bit more than just sticking a rolling BBQ next to it. Put some chairs, a side table and maybe some outdoor kid play things like a mini house or plastic sand box.

I think the amenities on the handouts list that ceiling fans are standard in the Cali Rooms but none of them had any... that would make it look a bit nicer.

As for the loft, I like it next to the master as it could serve as a retreat (since many of today's plans don't have room for a master retreat) and with young kids, they can watch or do whatever they want in the loft and you can be close by in the master. If they are teenagers, well... they should be in their own rooms or downstairs.

Back