Plan 1: $753,800
Plan 2: $777,770
Plan 3: $788,625 - $789,100

5/22/2014
Plan 1:  $760,200
Plan 2:  $777,700
Plan 3:  $789,100
Plan 3X: $796,000

You can tell they're starting to panic by combining phases.  Rather than drag out the releases and get more prices increases, sell now before the price drops.

Sell now or be priced out forever! 
24g65uv.jpg

I will never buy from the Irvine Company again! They are the greediest builder I have ever experience. Their Irvine Design Center is a jack-it-up profit center to gouge gotcha buyers who have little or no choice but to go with certain of their overpriced upgrades. If I am in the market for another home in Irvine, I would wait it out since hundreds, if not thousands, of new homes will be built in the coming years at the Great Park. I believe this time is wise to wait and see.

jamboreedude said:
I will never buy from the Irvine Company again! They are the greediest builder I have ever experience. Their Irvine Design Center is a jack-it-up profit center to gouge gotcha buyers who have little or no choice but to go with certain of their overpriced upgrades. If I am in the market for another home in Irvine, I would wait it out since hundreds, if not thousands, of new homes will be built in the coming years at the Great Park. I believe this time is wise to wait and see.

IMHO upgrades with all builders are big profit centers.  I would advise to limit these upgrades to essential items that are hard to do afterwards - such as structural items (eg. California room, electrical pre-wire...).  Other items can be done right after close for much cheaper - such as flooring, paint...

nytransplant said:
jamboreedude said:

IMHO upgrades with all builders are big profit centers.  I would advise to limit these upgrades to essential items that are hard to do afterwards - such as structural items (eg. California room, electrical pre-wire...).  Other items can be done right after close for much cheaper - such as flooring, paint...

Those "upgrades" should have been standard to begin with.  Selling million dollar homes with vinyl flooring and no lights in the bedrooms?

jamboreedude said:

As opposed to any other builder?  Buyers always has a choice on upgrades...you can go outside contractor like we are for flooring.

Speaking of upgrades, I'm thinking of adding solar panels as an upgrade.

Marigold offers 6, 8, 9, or 12 panel configurations.  I just spoke to SunPower today and they said a few of the models do not qualify for solar panel options because iPac thought it would be too ugly for the H elevations. 

obirvine said:
Did anyone receive call from sales office? If so, when did you sign up for the list?

I'm not sure how much of this is factual, but when I spoke to the sales agent last Sunday, she had mentioned that they were calling people who got on the wait list shortly before the grand opening in May - meaning about a two to three month lag. My wife and I got on the list two weeks ago,  so we're expecting at least a several month wait until at least the end of the summer. For whatever it's worth, I haven't received any calls. I'm not sure if it's much of a baseline for comparison purposes, but there you have it.

From a business perspective, I see the benefits of this secretive process. It creates demand, artificial or real, and it's more likely to result in people committing immediately. They try to make it seem like it's the luckiest thing to happen to you when you inevitably, eventually get the call, and that you need to jump on it right away (going so far as setting up a "race" to the sales office to see who can bring in the check the fastest). I can see it's a well-practiced art that hooks even the savviest of consumers. Logically I know what's behind the curtain, but as much as I hate to admit it, there's a strong emotional component to this process. There's this constant sense of doubt that "I could be priced out" or "I could be beaten to my perfect house,"  and on and on. In the end, it's just another product (albeit a very expensive one that I'll be paying for with a good chunk of my life).

Even if demand slackened, TIC can always slow down releases to generate that same sense of urgency among those who have waited the requisite three month period.  I'm excited to see if they'll need to adjust tactics now that other builders are coming online. I'm definitely looking at other new houses in the same price range, so for their own sake, they probably shouldn't delay too much in the name of generating a perception. Competition is good, and as a consumer, I hope to reap the benefits of it this summer.

obirvine said:
Did anyone receive call from sales office? If so, when did you sign up for the list?

I received a call when they released Phase 3, which I passed on.  However they are releasing Phase 4 right now and I have not released any phone calls.  Go figure.

ZeroLot said:
obirvine said:

I received a call when they released Phase 3, which I passed on.  However they are releasing Phase 4 right now and I have not released any phone calls.  Go figure.

I think you mean - I have not received a phone call  :D

ZeroLot said:
obirvine said:

Do you have the prices?

eyephone said:
ZeroLot said:
obirvine said:

When did you enter the list?

eyephone said:
ZeroLot said:
obirvine said:

Yes, thank you for the correction. 

obirvine said:
eyephone said:
ZeroLot said:
obirvine said:

When did you enter the list?

I entered the list on the first day, a couple of hours after they sent the email for signups. 

Current Phase 4 pricing is $5000 more than the Phase 3.  That would apply to Lots 49, 50, 43, 44.  I don't have the exact price list for all the lots at the moment.  But they should have it released to the public by this coming week, right after they sell all of them.

Then the lots in the back without any neighbors have an additional $20,000 lot premium on it.  That would be lots 48, 47, 46, and 45.  So the most expensive plan is Plan 3, and being without any neighbors in the back, that plan is at $775,000. 

I find that extremely hard to swallow considering Phase 1, Plan 3, also without any neighbors in the back started at $736,000.

===

Here's Phase 3B Pricing for comparison:

Plan 1 - $724,700
Plan 2 - $737,000
Plan 3 - $749,300

These plans in Phase 3 all have neighbors in every direction.

====

P.S. I did eventually receive a phone call for Phase 4.

Here's Phase 1 Pricing for comparison:

Phase1_zps1ed3fc83.jpg

The lucky new homeowners of Phase 1 already made ~$40,000 in equity and their homes are just a bunch of wooden beams at the moment. 

ZeroLot said:
eyephone said:
ZeroLot said:
obirvine said:

Yes, thank you for the correction.

:)

Construction crews here are working overtime.  Must be selling better than the other two.

Back